SIXTEEN: Fond of You

She is running in the dark forest. Being chased by someone or something. She doesn't know why. All she knows she shouldn't be caught. She stops for a moment to look around. Panting heavily, she held the nearest tree for support. Something was weired. Where were the monsters? Were they gone? She slowly started to walk slowly again, still looking all around. Her bare feet still hurt and the sun's still felt cold. The darkness grew darker with each passing second. High on her senses, not making a sound she moved. She heard loud screech and her heart almost bounced out of her chest. Fear engulfing her, she ran again. She couldn't see a thing but she knew they were there. They will always be there, to haunt her forever. She ran with all her might. Her legs gave away but still she ran. Blood slowly seeping throught the cuts and slits and the pain afflicting in her body couldn't let her lose. She could never dare to stop. She fell down. She knew she could not stop. She dragged her body to keep moving. Another screech, very near to her made her parched throat to give a scared yell. It was nothing but her plea to the monsters. She turned her body on the ground just as that monstrosity pounced on her.

Rosaleen fell off the unfamiliar bed breathing heavily. Her whole body was paining. A thin layer of sweat had mixed her tears which flowed from her eyes. She somehow clutched the bedsheet and pulled her body up. The door of the room flung open within seconds and the same strangely familiar person stood Infront of her with fine lines of worry adorning his face. His eyes showed that he understood it.

"Wate–water." Rosaleen gulped for air. Her throat was extremely dry. "Water. Please." She pleaded. Her eyes were barely opening.

Nik quickly turned back and brought some water.

"Nightmare?" He hesitated.

Rosaleen nodded while she hungrily drank the water to quench her instant thirst.

He didn't ask anymore. He sat beside her on the floor and hugged her sympathetically.

"I am fine." Rosaleen pursed her lips and stiffed her body.

Habits don't go. Do they? And this was her habit to push people away.

"You must have had plans for the night. I ruined them, didn't I?" She continued further.

"Indeed Love, you ruined my plans to successfully flirt with you for the night by passing out in the middle of the street." He chuckled still holding her.

"Wait- what? I passed out? When?"

"You don't remember?" He raised his eyebrow.

"What... What I don't remember? Tell... Tell me about it." Rosaleen panicked getting up. This has never happened to her before.

"We were having quite complicated conversation about our rather.... complicated families and then you passed out, out of blue." He caught her by her wrist to hold on to her.

"And–?" She widened her eyes. She didn't remember anything.

"Love, relax." Nik chuckled at her expression. "Then I brought you to my place."

"Your place. And–?"

"Relax. I am man with some sense of dignity and respect for young ladies. You have been sleeping since then.  Trust me." He said with sincerity as he tugged a piece of Rosaleen's hair behind her ear softly. "Well... Alone!" He added to tease her. His sexy British accent did the work really well.

"Nik!" She snapped at him, hitting his shoulder rather hard in the process.

"Disappointed, love?" He teased further.

"NIK" she chuckled as she threw a pillow at him.

"So this is your place." She asked observing around.