Drosera Burmannii

Something in the approaching fog caught the guard's attention. From his post, he had the perfect vantage point of seeing anyone coming towards the asylum. The guard strained his eyesight looking through the dense fog, positive that he had seen something move.

"Is something wrong, Frank?" Another guard to his side asked.

"I don't think so. Just thought I saw someone," Frank answered gruffly.

"You must have some damn good eyesight to see anything through that."

Frank only shook his head in response, going back to his stance. He had only shifted his eyes briefly when he heard something move through the dead grass. Glancing over the wall quickly, he once again saw nothing.

Disappointment set in, soon followed by the terror of hearing the distinct sound of a body hitting the ground. He hesitantly turned his head, seeing that his comrade's mutilated body was indeed sprawled down below him.

Frank had barely reached for his gun when he saw the cloaked figure with burning green eyes charge at him on all fours.

~

"What do you mean it's madness over there?" James insisted over the phone. "Hello? Hello?!"

"James, what's going on?" Sarah came up behind him.

"I have no idea! The line went dead! But apparently, Arkham's under attack! There was some sort of massacre." James slammed the phone down.

"We have to go then," Sarah said before addressing Bruce. "We are done here, Mr. Wayne. There is much more urgent business to deal with."

"Yes. Detective Bullock, if you can gather the police in their riot gear?" James instructed his friend. He turned his attention to his daughter, rubbing her shoulder. "Barbara, stay here. I will be back as soon as possible."

"Okay. Be safe, dad." Barbara gulped as that feeling of dread returned. But this time, not for her.

Once the police had cleared out, Barbara was left alone with the man who had tried to ruin her life.

"I see that fortune remains very much on your side, Ms. Gordon." Bruce started to approach with soundless steps. "But your luck is running out. If I could, I would drain your blood right now. Oh, I would not even hesitate to do it if it didn't ensure Richard's hatred for me." He loomed over her from the corner he had backed her into.

He gazed at her sharply. "There is nothing I would not do to be rid of you."

"I-I think I am the least of your worries, Mr. Wayne." Barbara finally found her voice. "There are more important things to worry about." She narrowed her eyes, discovering that her past fears of him and his threats were coming to an end.

~

"Ya know, I think this just might be a masterpiece." Harleen grinned to herself as she regarded the courthouse in front of her.

She had placed the body in front of the Lady Justice statue, posing it so his hand held the scales. Returning the head clumsily back on the neck, Harleen had made sure everyone saw the scream forever frozen on his face.

Well, half of it.

The other half- the one missing its flesh- exposed the muscle and bone.

"I think Red would be proud." Harleen patted herself on the back as police sirens could be heard, going in the direction of Arkham Asylum.