The Power Squirrel ( Tobi-Kadachi )

MALE READER

The first time I fought Tobi was like a struggle between swinging my giant sword and trying to dodge constant electric attacks - with little luck since I didn't know the moves... But dunking on top of it from a high tree when it's sleeping is well worth it!

( Reader P.o.V )

Astera

I sat at the canteen smelling the delicious-looking piece of meat and drolling. My Felyne friend Trix had a huge fish in front of it and we started to dig in at the same time. I finished hunting an Anjanath not too long ago and now was resting. A female Handler two tables away was getting very excited about the idea of exploring while her Hunter looked like he wanted nothing more than to just lie down and finally rest...

Suddenly another plate slammed down on the opposite side of mine and I looked up to see my Handler, Adun. Tall, dark blue eyes, brownish-red hair and short beard with moustache. He was wearing a leather armor set with signature googles that allow to zoom in and had his pet, Pilot Hare, on his shoulders.

Adun : Enjoying your meal?

(Y/N) : Sure am, what's up?

Adun : We have a... weird quest.

I looked up from my half-finished meal and just managed to catch my Palico trying to steal a fragment of my meat. I raised an eyebrow while he picked up some fruit and gave to his pet.

(Y/N) : What do you mean weird?

Adun : Well, while the golden pair over there *Points at female Handler and her Hunter* will be busy with going after Zorah Magdaros we'll be securing the area around Astera.

(Y/N) : That's what we've been doing the whole time being here...

Adun : But we also got a special investigation. One of the researchers want us to get a "weird" monster.

I finished eating and he opened the large book he carries around before sliding it towards me across the table. I picked it up and saw that it's suppose to be Tobi-Kadachi but the monster picture in it was far more human than anything we've met so far. I read the assignment with the 'CAPTURE' written at least up to three times in diffrent places across the page.

I looked at my Handler and he simply shrugged while picking up a piece of fruit and giving it to the Hare on his shoulder. I sigh but the worst thing come about I'll come back with my hair standing up and probably smoking from the excessive electricity.

(Y/N) : Fine, tell the researchers I'm on it. I'll have to get traps and bombs...

Adun : Great! See you in the camp!

(Y/N) : Actually... How does Handlers get to camps faster than we do? I mean we're flying off on wyverns...

Adun : Trade secret. You shouldn't dwell on it too much.

I stare at him as he left a few pieces of fruit for his pet while eating the rest of his meal. I shrugged and went to sign up for the quest. Normally most Hunters work in groups but for something as simple as Tobi-Kadachi I should be able to do it solo no problem.

I posted the quest on the board and called Trix. The little Felyne finished eating the fish and quickly ran towards me before leaping on my back as I whistled calling for a wyvern before use my grappling hook to latch on it's clawed foot and fly off towards the Ancient Forest.