Part 1

Here it is, the first part of my Larry Miniserie. Hopefully you guys will like it because I absolutely love the idea and it´s so incredibly fun to write. I know this part kinda sucks but I promise it will get better. It´s called You´ll Be In My Heart because of the song by Phil Collins, it´s just so incredibly perfect for the story so I suggest you listen to it. Love you all for reading and please comment and tell me what you guys think! xxx

Harry was a hunter and a bloody good one as well. Harry didn´t get nervous before a mission, it just wasn´t in his nature. He had been on so many missions that they just didn´t affect him anymore. Many people would think he would at least be a little scared or nervous but he wasn´t, he never was. Harry wasn´t a normal hunter, he didn´t go out in the woods to shoot some deer. No Harry was a mythical creature hunter. He went out to all kind of places to search for and to catch all kind of different things. Vampires, werewolves, hybrids, you name it Harry had caught it. He was the best in the business and everybody knew it. Whatever Harry´s boss told him to find and bring back he did, no matter how unusual the thing was. Some might say Harry lacked of conscience and that he was a bit on the cold side but the ones close to Harry knew better. Sure Harry liked his job, he got a lot of money for every creature he captured and people respected him for what he did for a living. What Harry didn´t like was what happened to the creatures after Harry had brought them to Simon, the boss and founder of the hunter academy. After Simon had examined the creature they got sold to some ridiculously rich person who made them their personal slaves. The ones that no one wanted to buy got killed, it was as simple as that. Harry felt bad for them, he really did but what could he do? That was just how things worked. Harry wouldn´t quit, he loved his job too much to do that. He loved the rush he got from going to strange and dangerous places to find some creature that had been spotted in the area. And the creatures didn´t really mean anything to Harry so why quit the job he was so incredibly good at? That would be foolish of him. And really, what was the worst thing that could happen? It wasn´t as if he would suddenly start to care about the things he had to hunt down every day. That was just ridiculous.

It was just a normal Sunday afternoon when Harry got the call. He was sprawled out on the sofa in his living room staring blankly at the TV when his ringtone suddenly broke the peaceful silence.
“Yeah?” Harry mumbled into the phone as he switched the channel on the TV.
“Harry.” A deep voice said and Harry immediately sat up in the sofa.
“Simon, what a lovely surprise.”
“Skip the smooth talk Styles I´ve got a job for you.” Simon answered and Harry perked up at once.
“What is it?” He asked as he got up from the sofa with a small grin playing on his lips.
“I can´t discuss it on the phone, come to my office as soon as you can and we´ll discuss it further.” And with that Simon ended the call. Harry stared at the phone in surprise and slight confusion. What was all that about? It had to be something very important if Simon couldn´t even discuss it over the phone, Harry thought as he made his way over to the academy.

The academy was the biggest building in the city and the whole thing was surrounded by a tall electric fence in case one of the creatures escaped. It had happened a few times in the past but they never got too far before Harry had caught up to them again. Harry wasn´t one to boast, but he couldn´t help but to wonder what the academy would do without him. When he stepped inside the building he said his usual “hello” to Danielle who worked at the front desk and then he got inside the lift. He had known Danielle since he was 15 years old and he loved her like a sister. People used to think that they were dating until they found out that Harry was indeed gay. No one cared or had a problem with his sexuality, things like that hadn´t occurred in several years and for that Harry was really glad for.

Simon´s office was at the top of the building and he had made sure that his office was as far away from where they kept the creatures as possible. Harry knocked on the door once before he entered and Simon looked up from where he was sitting behind his desk.
“Harry! That was quick, lock the door behind you before you take a seat please.” Simon said as he nodded towards the door and Harry stared at him in confusion. Simon never locked his door especially not when he was just going to talk to Harry. He took a seat in his usual chair and waited for Simon to say something.
“You look confused, I take it as you want to know the reason behind all this secrecy?” Simon said with raised eyebrows and Harry nodded.
“Well, as I said I´ve got a job for you and this will probably be the most important job of your entire career.” Harry´s eyes widened at Simon´s words and he sat up a bit straighter in the chair.
“Now hear me out, even though this will be the most well paid job ever it will also be highly dangerous and the most risk full.” Harry stared at him as Simon leaned back while watching him with searching eyes.
“Now I don’t expect you to say yes at once but…”
“I´ll do it.” Harry exclaimed before Simon even got the chance to finish and he grinned.
“That´s my boy, I knew you wouldn´t back down. Now you won´t do this alone, I´ll send Carter and Logan with you because it´s too dangerous for you to do it alone.” Simon explained and Harry pulled a face.
“I know you hate working with other people Harry but it´s for your own good. I´ve talked to both Logan and Carter and explained the situation to them, they will go with you but I asked them to stay behind a bit so they won´t get in your way. They will just be behind you in case something goes wrong.” Harry stared at him with a blank face and Simon sighed.
“Don´t look at me like that, it will be worth it in the end, just think of how much money we´re gonna earn off of this.”
“Okay fine, they can go with me. Where are we going?” Harry asked and Simon pulled up some papers from a drawer.
“I don´t like sending my hunters there but you´re the most qualified person I got so I know you´ll be able to handle it. You´re going to the highway woods, just outside of town.” Simon said and Harry´s eyes widened.
“The Highway woods? But that´s a high risk area.”
“I know, that´s why I´m sending you. Now if you don´t think you can handle it I completely understand and…”
“Oh I can handle it, don´t worry Simon. When are we taking off then?” He asked as he got up from the chair.
“Well as soon as you´re ready of course, I don´t wanna waste any time. Just go downstairs and I´ll call on Carter and Logan.” Simon answered as he grinned at Harry.
“Great, oh and Simon? What kind of creature is it?” Harry asked with his hand on the door handle.
“Oh you´ll know when you see it, it´s the only creature in the area. I don´t think it´s very dangerous, it´s the people who´s got him you should be worried about.” Simon said and with that he ushered Harry out the door.