( ONE )

Tired.

Beat tired and on the run, he was wanted for being different. For having abilities and not even using them. Emric ran and ran until he could run anymore, adrenaline filled him and he all he could think of was getting somewhere safe. Somewhere safe and sound. Where he wouldn't have to fight his way back to the surface.

Mustering up what strength he had left he lets his imagination run wild. Of all the places he could go. He lets his body fall backward into the void he created and let everything evaporate. He loved the feeling that came with teleporting, it was almost like a drug. It gave him release, made him feel free when he wasn't.

He couldn't pick a place to go. His brain was thrown into hyperdrive and he couldn't focus on where he'd end up when he came out. This wasn't the first time this had happened. Once when he was practicing he found himself in China and when he tried to get back he went to Canada.

The world around him changed in a flash and then flickered to a new surrounding. His vision was blurry and his head throbbed and ached. Sitting up and looking at his surroundings he finds himself looking at boy's who was talking way to fast for him to lip read. He puts his hands up and tries to calm the boy down. Emric signs, "Do you know where I am?"

"Great you're deaf." The boy in front of him replies, a small amount of annoyance flowing from his body language.

Emric didn't reply. He stood there staring at the boy, taking in his features. The boy has brown fluffy looking house, beautiful eyes, and plump pink lips. He wore a hoodie with a leather jacket over it, a pair of jeans, and a pair of red converse. "What the hell are you doing in my room?!"

Blinking, he realizes the boy asked him a question, moving his hands fast and erratic, "I was running..people chasing me...needed to escape..."

"I don't understand what you're saying." Leatherboy lets out a huff of frustration. How was he going to communicate with a boy who used sign language to speak? "Stay here."

The boy disappeared and Emric could only stare at the spot he use to be. He began to look around the boy's room, trying to remember the last time he had a room. The last time he was in a safe place. But remembering the good came with a price, the bad began to outweigh the pleasant. Pushing those thoughts from his head he walks out into the hallway. He moves down the hall and finds himself starring at the staircase pondering if he should wait as the boy told him or venture down it like his curiosity was begging him to.

Listening to his curiosity he starts his journey downstairs. His venture was short-lived because he found himself staring at the picture of Bruce Wayne. Well, that and the fact that the boy who ran off earlier grabbed his arm and started to pull him down the stairs, leading him to the kitchen where he found an old man. "Alfred this is him, I can't understand him."

"Can you tell me your name so we can try and find your parents?" Alfred asks signing to the boy.

A smile appears on Emric's face after so long he could finally talk to someone and have them understand him. He didn't like using his gifts to talk so he didn't use it much. "I'm Emric Wilder. You aren't going to find my parents."

"Can you tell me how you got here?" Alfred asks, his hands moving around. Jason, the leather boy, watches in somewhat of awe.

Here Alfred was communicating with a boy that appeared in his room, "I teleported here on accident. I've been running nonstop for the past two hours. There are these people after me."

"Come with me." Alfred begins to lead the boy to the library where Bruce was currently reading through some of his paperwork from Wayne Tower.

Taking in the features of the older man he finds him to be older than what he originally thought. He has gray hair but was well built. His skin was toned and his eyes spoke a thousand words. "Master Bruce, sir, we have an unexpected visitor."

Bruce looks up from his papers and he gets up from his chair. He walks over to Alfred, Jason, and the boy. Bending down a little Bruce asks, "Are you okay?"

The look in Emric's eyes changed. He hadn't been asked that in such a long time. "I will be." He signs back, answering the man's question.

"He teleported himself here, sir. He says he been running from someone." Alfred tells Bruce filling him in on the situation.

Emric went to sign something but found his head pounding in pain, he started to panic. They were here. He put Bruce Wayne and everyone else there in danger. Trying to teleport, his body began to fizzle, appearing in different places in the room until he finally quit trying. The window near him explodes causing Emric to put his hand up, the glass suspended in midair. Bruce, Jason, and Alfred watch in wonder at this boy's abilities but that wasn't even all he could do.

He pushes the glass outside and walks over to the frame. Looking back at the three people behind him he says to them in their minds, "Please look away, it's going to be very bright."

They follow Emric's instructions and shield their eyes. He turns back to the window frame and uses one of his other abilities. A bright white light fills his palms and it stuns everyone on the billionaires' lawn. Jumping out the window he uses his telekinesis to pull them all into a pile. Using his hands he burns a hole through the device keeping him from teleporting. Grabbing ahold of the men in front of him he says to them telepathically, "You come after me again, I will take down your entire organization in the blink of an eye."

Using the rest of his strength he teleports them to the beach in San Francisco, letting them fall into the water. His body collapses to the ground, he overdid it and he knew it. Blood began to drip down his nose, but his blood was different. Jason, Bruce, and Alfred soon figured that out quickly. Jason was the first to get to Emric, being the younger of the two older me he was able to move faster. Scooping the dead boy into his arms he carries him back inside the manor.

"Bruce, his blood is glowing." Jason tells his mentor as they walk throughout the mansion, heading down to the bat cave downstairs for all the medical supplies they'd need.

When they get down to the bat cave, Jason sets him down on the cot in the medical area then moves away, not wanting to be in Alfred or Bruce's way. They manage a body scan a blood sample and figure out exactly what he is.

A meta-human. And a special one at that.