p r o l o g u e

" SHE LEANED AGAINST THE
COUNTER, EYES FIXATED ON
THE POSITIVE TEST. "

Sobs were forming from the bathroom when JJ came home. He found himself walking to the bathroom where he located her. Phoebe Matthews was crying on the cold floor. He looked over to the counter seeing the test. Immediately JJ realized how much his life would change, but right now he was giving everything rocking his girlfriend.

"It's a boy!" Phoebe cried cheerfully. She couldn't wait for a child let alone a son. It was no secret she wanted a boy, Phoebe grew up with all brothers, stuck in the middle of the three eldest and two youngest.

The night was sweet and quiet when she whispered, "Nathaniel." JJ repeated his girlfriend's ideal name, growing to love it even if it wasn't his planed name, he'd do anything for Phoebe. And she'd do anything for him.

Phoebe was rushed to the hospital early one morning. The baby was coming; they'd finally be able to see there little baby boy. JJ was pushed out of the room as they were having complications with the birth. He sat there shaking in fear, he didn't even realize that his family and friends had joined him in the wait.

"Sir your girlfriend didn't make it," The doctor spoke cold and distant. As if he didn't know what it was like to lose someone. Right then JJ wanted to burst out in a sob.

Before he could a nurse came bringing a crying baby with a blue blanket swaddled around his tiny body. The baby sobbing for JJ, as he held the baby he felt the arms of everyone around him. The support for him and his son.

"Nathaniel, that's what Phoebe wanted to name him," He said hushed, barley being able to say her name.