f o u r t e e n

" HOW UGLY DO YOU
HAVE TO BE TO BE COLD
TO A INFANT? "

JJ knew this was destined. The grandparents looked at him with confusion and horror. They recognized the familiar features on the babies face and the not recognized ones, belong to the man holding the baby. "Who are you, why are you on our property, and whose baby is that?" The grandfather barraged.

JJ couldn't speak for a moment before he mustered, "He's you're grandson, Nathaniel." At that moment JJ was waiting for anything, anything but the deathly silence other then the gurgling of the baby. "Then where's our daughter?" The grandmother asked, her voice already hostile. "Gone," Is all that came out of his mouth, the two parents looked at eachother confused. Then JJ clarified,  "Dead." Soon that room it became silence as night. "Get out of my home, and we don't ever want to see that thing, in our home."

Once Nate and him were out of the house JJ felt like he could breathe. The house was suffocating and sterile, not how he would think Phoebe would be raised. Soon Nate's big eyes looked up and his father, and in an instant JJ sobbed. He sobbed for his late girlfriend, the one he wanted to be his wife, he sobbed from the break up with Kayla, and lastly he sobbed for his little boy, whom would never know his mother or her parents.

As they went home JJ had an epiphany, sure his baby would never know his mom, but he would make sure he would be surrounded with love. In that moment that was enough for JJ.

Thank you all for the support on this book! So excited for my next book! This is the last chapter before the epilogue! So thank you for all the views and votes. Like y'all I literally cried to one of my friends out of joy. I love you all!