Prologue

Reader

"Hana-san." The modulated but relatively shrill voice of Muichiro lavished your ears, snapping you out off your hazy stupor. He glides the traditional sliding door of the Hanakami estate, welcoming his presence in your home.

You, [Name], go under the epithet 'Hanakami Kagura'. You've been affiliated with the Demon Slayer corps for years past, owning up to your title as the lead in the front lines. The queen in the chessboard. The second in command. The material foundation of the corps as one of the strongest slayers.

It's a job that defined who you are, your self-integrated philosophies, your everyday way of living, and many few that had to involve Hanakami Kagura's life and sense of self in a demon-feared society.

Demon slayers respected you as much as how they respect pillars and soldiers with the strengths of a beast. They looked at you with chins up high, held in great respect as you pass by the bustling multitude of locals. You are Hanakami Kagura after all. You fashioned a workforce into a group of people who not just harbored the concept of self abdication for the sake of the common folk encrypted in their minds, but a group of people who have evolved principles and a good sense of justice.

Relationship-wise with your fellow slayers, it was quite...passive to aggressive, safe to say. You had earned their trust and they have earned yours, almost too much to the very point that friendship bore from professional roots.

However... you weren't that close to Tomioka Giyuu, the Water Pillar. Nada, other than his name and what he lived up to, you know nothing about such a man.

Let's say... Tomioka is an insoluble question mark. It isn't because of him putting up a suppressed front, it's because of his surface ideals which focused in the picture of fidelity. And that doesn't end there.

These surface ideals what exactly have been furthering his life up until now. The belief system that he sees the world as it is and that it stays as it is. What you want to find out is if he's so sure about such a...how could I put this... complacent judgment.

You sighed, shrugging away your overanalyzed thoughts, fixating your [eye color] orbs onto the mist pillar. "The master wishes to conduct a Hashira Meeting for today. Tanjiro Kamado's trial and interrogation will be discussed in light of this as well. Your presence is highly esteemed." Muichiro speaks, basked in his customary undertone voice.

You replied with a nod, "I'll head to the Ubuyashiki estate in a few minutes, you go ahead." With a slight bow, you felt Muichiro's presence disappear with each passing second. You stood, eyeing your clothes in one last attempt to change your mind. You sauntered over towards your bedroom, the plain tints of [color of choice] vividly contrasted under the escaping rays of the morning sun.

You stared at several pictures tangled up on your wall, pictures of you and your family gathered up in one frame. The memories, every one of them, foreshadowed amidst your field of thinking, and there a faint smile has appeared on your face. Staring off into space, you gripped onto your sword covered with a jet black scabbard. Eyes growing small as you hissed.

In a nanosecond, you arrived at the Ubuyashiki estate, the head of the corps - Kagaya Ubuyashiki's residences. You were met by a few Hashiras bowing to Ubuyashiki, as such, you bowed in unison. As the Hashiras stood, so did you. The ravenette threw you a deliberate glimpse, flashing a grin upon your way. "I see you've finally arrived, Hanakami." As his silvery tone entered your ear to the next, you can't help but crack a daring smile of your own yourself.