X

« chapter 10, giyuu x reader »

"I SAW YOU coming out of Tomioka's house this morning."

Your newly weaved haori embraced your curves as it falls neatly on your hip. The details of stars flushed around the near ends, and a beautiful shade of midnight blue colored all over. Of all haoris you had to wear, this toppled over every piece. The detail, the eccentricity, and how it complemented your form so much --- all its characters made you deem it your favorite.

"Were you spying on me, Shinazugawa?" You attempted to play around and dodge the call. It was unusual for him to keep an eye on you, especially owing to the fact that you dislike each other. But who gives a damn? You owe to him for that.

"I ain't spying on you, light-ass. I always get to pass on Tomioka's house whenever going to the Master's estate. Don't feel so glorified." He rolled his eyes making you pinch his side. "You're a dumbass, giving yourself---"

"Woah woah woah, slow down, genius! I only slept in his house, we didn't screw each other. Curse you and your paranoia." It was time for you to roll your eyes. He merely emitted a 'tsk' as he looked anywhere else, excluding you.

The master wanted to hold a meeting once again, to discuss the annihilation of a top demon moon, whom you both fought days ago, classed as Akaza. Among other things, also includes a 9-man team mission , expediting on an isolated mountain to invest as another branch of the corps. You and Shinazugawa were the very first to show up. Which is rather...remote. The both of you always came last when it comes to gatherings and meetings, truth be told.

What you found rather, pesky, no --- sketchy, was that Oyakata-sama announced to conduct a meeting a few days after your mission. He wasn't one to delay discussions. And at that...you thought he had a vision. And you might not even like it.

"What's taking them so long?" Sanemi complained, his eyes going everywhere to see if anyone had arrived. "And where's Tomioka anyway? You should've taken him with you." He scowled at you, like he usually does.

"Do you miss him?" You teased. Jokes aside, you really thought the both of them would make a great team. You fought beside them, and what you really found intriguing were their similarities when it came to swordsmanship. Different stances, but the force impounded on their blades was tremendous. You would pay billions of yen just to see them fight beside each other. Such a sight to see.

"Hell no." He clicked his tongue, obviously saying he's tired with your crap. But hey, at least he didn't smack you this time.

"Bu---" You were interrupted by a slight presence from your back. The person's scent was oddly familiar. His aura too.

"Seems like your husband is up early." Your snow haired partner cued Giyuu's arrival. You turn by notice, as the raven haired immediately grabbed your wrist, swaying you to his side, interlocking his fingers with yours.

The atmosphere was suffocating. They were both staring at each other's souls with nothing but intimidation as resolve. These two knuckleheads weren't one to get along with each other, because both of them are unknowingly quiet. Both reserved men with weak social approaches.

You squeezed Giyuu's hand, attempting to lean against him to take a glimpse of his eyes. "What seems to be the problem?" He squeezed it back, his eyes somehow got smaller, still looking hostilely on the other demon slayer.

"Look," Shinazugawa called out, his tone indicating impatience with menace. "I'm not hitting on her." If it weren't for Giyuu's grip on your other hand, and the improper beset aura surrounding the place, you would've rolled over the floor and laughed your heart out.