III

« chapter 3, giyuu x reader »

YOU SWOONED YOUR sword, slaying an approximate of 10 demons now. You and Giyuu were separated from each other, basically the job was to search for a specific demon which matches the provided description. It's best to stay close at times like this. This is not a prop hunt, and you weren't even informed that there were other demons in this mountain!

Using your ability --- your breathing techniques --- would only be futile. Your breathing hitched which only hindered your focus to an extent. Where is Giyuu anyway!??

You sighed to yourself and glanced at such voluminous trees. The forest was humongous itself, it came to no wonder why a lot of demons resided here.

Rumor says that women are often abducted within these forests. And yes, it's probably the likes of a lust-driven demon who would have the guts in doing so.

You placed your sword back to its shaft, picking up your pace as you head north. You stopped on your tracks as your nose chanced upon such an enticing smell, regardless, you covered your nose with the edge of your haori. The scent was inviting yet so... how could I put this... mesmerizing? It sent you into a trance. Quite almost.

"Who's there?" You questioned, as you felt the inebriating presence of a demon. A male demon. No doubt about it.

Still using your [insert design] haori to protect you from such 'aroma', you turned from left to right and back to front to somehow keek at the demon's appearance. Yet to your dismay, you can't even squiz, not even the shadow of the fiend.

"H-Hello...?" You looked like an idiot trying to find the cause of all of this. You knew you cognized his presence, even coming to a point in distinguishing his gender. However...

"Hmmm..." The demon's husky, plush voice engulfed your ears. It brought tingles down your spine. He's one heck of an incubus.

'Wake up, [Name]! This demon is deluding your attention!'

You were at a loss for words. You held densely on your haori and tried not to inhale such a spellbinding whiff. You took an expeditious glance at the demon. His hair was scruffy, frizzy to a point... (you know, similar to Akira Kurusu's?) He wore something like a modern-student from-Tokyo red uniform. Which complemented his raven locks, akin to that of Giyuu's. Sexy beast.

'Snag that thought away, [Name]!'

"You somehow contrived to puff out the smell...Hanakami Kagura." Then he swiftly appeared right behind you, impulsively retracting your haori from your sense of smell as he wrapped his arms around your waist, from behind. "Such riveting figure..."

Your body wasn't responding. You're surely stupefied, there's no more reason behind that verdict! If you were at normal state, you could've ripped his head off and hurled it to who knows where!

He then again teleported right in front you. Your faces only being separated by 5 centimeters. He slammed you on a nearby tree as he trailed his long, slender fingers down on your legs. You were quivering, you wanted to pound him to the ground, but all of it was in vain. The allure was too much!

He elicited a faint chuckle, blowing airs in your ear. This man...he irks you to the core! "A pity... quite some charm you have there. Yet you waste your precious time on being a good-for-nothing demon slayer, love. How about...you come with me?" Tsk. "Hikaru's the name."

You didn't feel the need to retort to his pesky persuasions as you were growing a bit displeased at his choice of words. You had dedicated your life to becoming a rather high-octane demon slayer, that no mere demon could break. To underestimate you like that crosses the extremities of your limits!

Snapping out of the trance, you evoked a 'tch' as you clutched onto your scabbard steadfastly. "I appreciate the offer," you kindled a gasp. You leaned lower, while you retracted your sword slightly, not wholly exposing the blade.

The intensity of the airspace amounted the bulk of energy you were building up. All this was happening at full tilt, it all happened in a blink of an eye. "But...no thanks."

You dashed at a gallop, snagging off his head. The amount of force was cut to a minimum, not even diminishing a percent of your breathing technique. However, you discerned the presence of another, not a demon, but a human. You turn around to face your ravenette partner for this mission, he was positioned on a stance which indicates that he also striked the demon named 'Hikaru'. He just carved the stomach, you vindicated the devastating blow. It was probably due to the fact that he witnessed your intent to butcher the fiend.

"Oh...G-Giyuu." You stuttered as you eyed him wantonly. You bit your lower lip as you tried to hide your blade behind your back. 'He already saw it, [Name]! Not much of a use to hide it...'

Giyuu picked up his pace and got a good view of your face. "Are you okay?" asked Giyuu. His eyes were rummaging for something...you were struggling to know why were his eyes twinkling and moving from one picture to another. From your eyes to your cheeks, to your mouth then to your nose.

You nod, not trusting your voice as of this moment. You tightly grasped onto the grip of the sword, breathing heavily like so. You were quite relieved that he thought of your well-being and rushed to your aid, but the fact that he saw the configuration of your sword... is vexing.

"He was getting all over you..." Giyuu looked like a lost child. It was all so peculiar to you, he acted so differently. He strived to not look at anything but the ground, and it was endearing as a sight.

Your heart thumped erratically than usual. "I...I'm alright! S-see!? In one piece!" You laughed nervously as you anticipated for his response. He's so difficult to read, huh? You fixed your composure, tapping off the dust, which was indistinguishable, on your haori. "How about we head home, Giyuu?" You manage to say.

You felt a wave of tiredness hit every corner of your body. You have never felt this tired before, not ever. You didn't even bruise yourself up, but how?

Oh, the side effects of the spell.

Bothersome!

Your vision was blurry, incoherent almost, as you finally blacked out. Giyuu noticed this, so before you hit the ground, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you up to carry you bridal style.

"Yes, let's go home, [Name.]"