VI

« chapter 6, giyuu x reader »

"HANAKAMI! HEY!" SANEMI'S loud and raspy tone, esoterically speaking, broke your ear drums and you wanted nothing more of it. Shinazugawa is a man you either like or not like --- acquaintance wise.

The snow haired is awfully too aggressive, and much to your surprise, he is relatively straightforward when it comes to you. Check this one next.

"You've been resting your butt for a long time now! You gonna get rusty, dumbass." How bold, huh?

Author perspective, Deeyo, I've said that they look at you with chins up high, glory in every gaze plastered. I guess I didn't consider Shinazugawa as part of that bunch.

You crudely glared at the wind hashira, shifting through your papers sorting each and one in a bundle. You weren't quite the orderly person, as you struggled with sophistication, but work is work.

It's a bright sunny day, the sun glimmered lucidly with puffs of clouds inundating the cerulean fermament. The busy days of Japan's local places not really vexing you like the usual.

Albeit, your happy mood has been disrupted by a certain white haired man, his eerie but endearing smile riling you to the very core. You know...you can't really tell if you hate the demon slayer or not. Shinazugawa was one who you were most vocal to, believe it or not. Since he's loud himself.

"Heh, no rebuttals this time?" Sanemi challenged. As much as you do not want to admit it, you had a mandatory urge to retort to his provocative insults as it was distressingly exasperating. Do you hate him for that? Surprisingly, no.

"I don't want you getting the satisfaction of the fact that you've annoyed me once again, scar ass." You laughed dreamily. The papers are finally arranged and you can now get your ass out of this carking seat.

Your office is expansive. It's perchance because you spend more time in office, than in your own home. As for Shinazugawa --- he was also put in for paper duty and to your misfortune, he had to help you with the job.

"As if you'll never be annoyed with my insults, idiot." Affronted by Sanemi. He signed one last paper, dumped it with the others, and then he threw his attention to you. "Where's Tomioka?"

Giyuu...the one and only reason why you were gaily swaying your hips to work this morning. He never left your side until you woke up, he snuggled you into his chest, and you can never forget the calm rise and fall that it makes as you were leisurely opening your eyes in wake.

What are you two? What sort of label do you both have stamped on each others' names? Questions left unbeknownst.

But after breakfast, you both had departed. The raven haired never even announcing his objectives for the day, not even when you have told yours. You didn't want to pry, as you were still socially having difficulties with the man.

"I... don't know." Three words leaving the tip of your tongue. It took you a good few seconds just to answer Shinazugawa's question, and he discerned the sudden change of mood from your tone.

You were craving for Giyuu's presence when there's nothing to even call your relationship. A terribly poor truth.

"Do you want me to...find him for you?" And to your IMMENSE shock, Shinazugawa offered it so sheepishly --- he technically rubbed the back of his neck, and he's not even looking at you. How out of character!

As much as you want Giyuu here, it mayhap would be a very important matter and you wouldn't want anything but to leave it be. He wasn't yours after all. "Thanks...but no thanks, Shinazugawa."

"You're really close to him. You two weren't even talking to each other before." True. Nobody can even imagine the two of you being together before, as intimacy never had crossed your mind --- as for him, what lingers in that head of his remains a mystery.

"We're not together, stupid."

"That's where it goes to, stupid. Enough with the denials."

"Cer---"

"Captain Hanakami Kagura, Shinazugawa Sanemi --- a special mission has been prepared for the both of you. And this one...might involve one of the Twelve Demon Moons."

Oh great. Action time. That's what you sardonically thought --- crumpling one piece of report paper as your left eye twitches in annoyance.

↱Time Skip↲

The chirps of the birds echoed throughout the entirety of the neighborhood. You had anticipated for evenfall, your right foot tapping on the surface as you grit on your teeth.

You were growing quite impatient --- the thought of going against one of the twelve demon moons slipping away from your mind.

"Hey, stop that. The sound that your foot makes fucking annoys me." Barked Shinazugawa. You didn't feel rather well to deal with his shit right now, I guess your mouth wasn't cooperating.

"Do you want my foot to scream instead, shithair? I'd put this one on your face, try me." You said brusquely. Really, when it comes to Sanemi, you lose your 'professional-facade' in an instant and insist on vulgarly getting along with his own crude shenanigans.

Some may say it's atrociously impolite and unprofessional-like of you to snap words like that, but who damn cares? Your character is convertible. They treat you like shit, you treat them shittier to the ends of earth.

And if you're going to work with this guy against a demon moon, if you were given a choice, you could've just chosen another partner. Because from the face of it, it's a hassle if both of you are on one team.

It would be a cussing competition and you can't complete the job if that's the case. But you can only work with what you have --- so great, this whole chapter basically tackled your complaints on your friendly relationship with Sanemi Shinazugawa.

"Look, Shinazugawa," You held on your scabbard, you tried regulating your flow of breathing. You're lucky, Shinazugawa, you get to witness [Name]'s powers in action first hand. "I don't want to argue with you in the duration of this mission. So get along with me or else this sword could be found nowhere but under your chin --- instead of grating the demon's neck." You dare threatened as he chuckled.

"I'm keeping you safe. Tomioka would kill me." You were relatively astonished by his words! The mighty Sanemi Shinazugawa --- menaced on the very thought of Giyuu's anger?

You internally blushed at his indirect promise. Not even worried of the events to come.

You need to shrug all those worries away,

You need to fight.

↳ Chapter end.

[A/N]: A happiest new year my dear readers! I wish that you guys had a prosperous 2019. Though I couldn't say the same for myself, as I've encountered a lost, my grandmother, I want to rise again and have smiles on my family's faces --- with my mommy shining down on us from heaven. Hope ya'll still read and keep track with this book, despite my laziness always getting the better of me. Happy new year, I love you all!