V

« chapter 5, giyuu x reader »

YOUR FINGERS LACED over the silver bracelet. It's cute, and you were lying if you said that it was below your liking. Really, Rengoku-kun has great taste.

You were off to visit Oyakata and fulfill your left out jobs yesterday, after taking leave. Addition to that, you decided to personally thank the flame pillar, Kyojuro Rengoku, for the gift. You knew ever so well, the present was unnecessary. And...he could've given other things like food, books, or even swords...not jewelry. It turned out as if he was your love interest.

Moreover, it was as if you were obliged to wear the article of ornament. Or else Rengoku would be upset at the lack of regard. But he wouldn't probably think that way, the guy had always worn that goofy smile anywhere. You're too much precious for him to hurl his anger at just because of one measly thought of ingratitude.

You breathed some air before entering the Ubuyashiki estate. You merely arranged a simple get-up for this day's events. You wore a different haori, not like what you usually wear. A red haori with sakura flowers on each side. Your scabbard carrying your nichirin blade on your left, simple geta as footwear. No matter how simple your way of clothing is, you deliver the whole exquisitely.

"If it isn't Hana-san!" Mitsuri Kanroji, the Love Pillar, hailed delightfully with such an eye-blinding smile. Similar to Shinobu's grin from ear-to-ear. To be honest, you thought that the only females of the Pillars were potential partners. Kanroji was an angel, yet a bit timid compared to the gradient haired hashira. As for Shinobu, she was a tease. An absolute tease. Oh, most especially to Giyuu.

You felt sour. 

"Hey..." You greeted as you flashed a not so happy smile. Your thoughts drift to Shinobu and Giyuu's intimacy that it makes your stomach churn.

They have that much effect on you, huh?

You don't know why...you don't really know. Is it because you don't like Giyuu for Shinobu...? Or...

Hell no.

"Are you feeling any better? Your charms sure can allure even the most vicious of the demons, I find it an asset!" She giggled, which rang throughout the whole estate. You find it fairly amusing that she's so nice to nearly everybody but the demons.

Obanai sure is lucky.

"Oh, Rengoku-san --- I'll probably take my leave, captain. I have lots of paperwork to do, and I've got some rookies to train bye bye!" And there she was gone, leaving Rengoku and you by yourselves.

You swear...that girl. Like Shinobu --- is a matchmaker.

You turn around to face the flame pillar grinning ever so softly. He came closer, ruffling your hair like so. "How's my gift, Kagura?" asked Rengoku.

"Thank you for this, Rengoku. I...feel better." Stretching your lips to form a small smile has been so frustrating. It's a gesture to match your words of appreciation, and you're not quite great at physically defining your feelings.

It's fine, Rengoku is, perhaps, not one too great to read someone's feelings through their movements.

"I'm ecstatic that you liked it, I was worried jewelry weren't quite your taste. Guess I was wrong." He match his shoulders with yours grabbed your wrist. You were relatively shocked at the closeness.