IV

« chapter 4, giyuu x reader »

"GOOD MORNING!" YOU were awoken by a series of bubbly smiles coming from the estate servants. You looked at them with some stupid expression plastered on your face as you scrutinized their faces deliberately.

They greet you every morning, but not as a group. Then you reckoned the past events from last night as your head twinged woefully. "W-What time is it..?" You queried with an excessively husky voice. All so adorable!

Shirame, the youngest of the maids, chuckled. "It's already noon, Miss Kagura." She helped you get up, which caused you to pout. "You slept quite endearingly."

You flashed her an adorable glare as you sat up on the bedspace. "B-But...I was on a mission last night. How did I----"

"The Water Hashira carried you all the way here, my dear. You were rather tired, as he did so. My, my, Lady Kagura." The oldest, Yura, teased. Which caused an irk mark to appear on the top of your forehead.

'They're so malicious! Way to ruin my morning.'

"Breakfast is ready, Kagura. How about you rest for today? You know, refrain from taking missions for the day? We were worried. You don't usually end up going home in this state." Haruno tapped the cup of coffee and placed the tray in line with the bed.

"Demons don't wait for someone to rest and then to attack them, Haruno. There is, and must be, no rest." Tiredness elicited in your voice. Cracking, fragmented. Absolutely tired.

Giyuu barely pays attention to people. No, scratch that... they don't pay attention to him. Let's say he's a pillar. The paradigm of strength. The strongest of the pillars yet. However, the people look at his background, only at the surface. Not understanding his inside views whatsoever.

At last, they left you finally at peace. You admired each and every one of the managing members of the Hanakami Estate. Loyal fellows which were assigned personally by your father.

The Hanakamis are veteran demon slayers. You're born carrying the family blood, training to become a powerful slayer follows. The very foundation of this family's name, established by your father. He had his fears. Dying just because of those bloodthirsty fiends disgusts the living hell out of him. And at that, his fears turned into pertinacity. Something which he probably passed to you, as you discarded the name 'Hanakami Kagura' and made a name for yourself.

Yeah right, you didn't feel like going to missions. You take what you said a while ago back. Exhaustion lingers everywhere in your body. Not solely from the mission last night, perhaps exhausted from still struggling in this perilous world. There is no end to death.

You barely even used breathing techniques in battle. Quite disrespecting for those of which you feud with, they pour out every skill and yet you just sway your sword back and forth like the evil bitch you are.

You decided to not eat anything for breakfast as you marched towards the estate's door. The blustery atmosphere damped your skin, creeping through you as you tremor slightly. Strands of hair danced along with the unsettled wind. Somehow, you felt at ease. You felt relaxed.

You savored the fresh airspace engulfing your wee frame. Safe and sound. Only the wind's hiss came out from your ear. It helped you recollect yourself. No more bricks left on the chest.