It Isn't As Simple As 'One, Two, Bite'

Chapter 8 – It Isn’t As Simple As ‘One, Two, Bite’

“Marilyn?!” Ricky’s voice boomed through the house as the front doors slammed shut behind him. “We have a serious problem!”

“What do you mean?” Marilyn called, bounding down the stairs.

“Arianna’s gone!” Chris shouted as he ran in front the gardens.

“Yeah, and so’s our friend.” Kuza sighed as he walked in. “Now what’d I hear about Arianna?”

“She’s gone.” Ricky restated, holding up a piece of paper. “And someone left a note for us at the gazebo.”

Marilyn snatched the paper from Ricky’s hand, hissing as he read the note. “Fucking Even took her… I thought she was past this idiocy.”

“Yeah… what’s that about her being your Maker?” Chris frowned as he read the note over Marilyn’s shoulder. “I was there when you made her…”

“I am her Maker.” Marilyn growled, scrunching the paper up until it was near non-existent. “Come on.”

“Where are we going? We don’t know where she’s taken her!” Ricky snapped.

“No, you don’t know.” Marilyn snarled as he pulled a silver stake down from above the mantel piece and looking at it before storming towards the doors. “But I do…”

***

“EVEN!” Marilyn’s voice echoed loudly around the cavernous entrance hall of Council Member Even-Rachel Woods enormous home; the others hot on his heels.

“Ah, Marilyn, so nice of you to drop by…” Even smiled… or she did until Marilyn wrapped his hand around her throat and threw her against the opposite wall.

“Cut the crap, Even.” Marilyn snarled, yanking her to her feet and shoving her down into the seat Kuza had dragged to the middle of the room; Ricky and Chris tying her down.

“Ooh…” Even smirked as she tested her bonds and found them nowhere near loose enough for an escape, her smirk turning into a sneer. “I love it when you play rough, Marilyn.

“Shutup.” Marilyn hissed, the smack of his hand hitting her face echoing loudly around the room as he leant down over her. “Now, tell us where she is.”

“Well, which is it?” Even looked up at him defiantly, eyes darting from the stake in his hand, to the others, and then back again. “Do you want me to shutup, or tell you where she is?”

“Right, that’s it.” Chris snatched the silver stake from Marilyn and pressed the sharpened tip to Even’s throat. “You tell me where she is you bitch, or I swear to God-”

“We’re Vampire’s. God’s forsaken us you cunt!” Even snapped, hissing as he pressed the stake tip harshly over her heart.

“Fine then.” Chris snarled, about to stake her when Marilyn shoved him out of the way.

“What are you? A fucking idiot?!” Marilyn snapped. “If you kill her now the Council can’t pass judgement on her and make her death legal.”

“Ooh! What a gentleman!” She threw her head back and laughed maniacally. “You’re too late anyway.” She smiled triumphantly. “The poison will have consumed her by now…maybe if you find her…you’ll have time to say your goodbyes.” She sneered cruelly at Marilyn as the rest of us watched on furiously.

“Let’s go.” Marilyn snarled, turning away.

“If only you’d not turned down my offer.” Evan taunted. “You’d have a place on the Council…and your heart wouldn’t be broken.”