nine

''wh-what? hurt? i- i don't know what you're talking about freddie...'' john muttered. ''now let me sleep.''

okay, so there was still tension between us. but was he just expecting me to ignore the fact that he was literally bleeding? i wanted to help him, i had to help him. but would that make him even angrier? i could tell that all he wanted to do was to close his eyes and slip away into a deep slumber, but by the looks of it he could...bleed to death. 

''n-no, john i can't let you sleep when there's...all this blood,'' i replied, shivering as my eyes skimmed over the dark patch on the bedsheets that was only getting bigger. was it even blood? maybe i was just being paranoid? no, it was definitely blood. but where was it coming from? i was so confused.

''oh don't start acting like you care fred.'' john snapped, his spiteful tone silencing me for a few seconds. what on earth did he mean by that? did he think that the worry in my voice was all just...acitng?

''b-but-''

''no! just, just shut up and leave me alone!'' he snapped, glaring at me from under the covers. i just stared back at him, blinking in confusion. where was all this coming from?

''i, i'm sorry, i'm just scared. it, there's a lot of blood, you, you could d-die,'' i whispered, not sure if the bassist had heard me. an awkward silence hung in the air for a few moments before the soft rustling of sheets interrupted it, as my boyfriend sat up and leaned against the headboard, staring at a random spot in front of him. 

''then so be it,'' he mumbled. i froze as his words started to sink in. 

''wh-what?''

john looked at me with a small smile before continuing. ''you'll have one less thing to worry about.''

''john...what are you even saying?? i, i love you...'' i said, placing my hand on his shoulder, shuddering when i felt how cold it is. it was when my eyes landed on his red pajama-clad thigh that i realized i had to get help and fast. this wasn't something i could help john with alone.

so without another word i jumped up off the bed and rushed downstairs to where i remembered seeing a phone. i called for help and was told to wait for an ambulance and to try and keep john awake.

after hanging up, i unlocked the front door for when the medics would eventually arrive and hurried back to our room, only to find my boyfriend sitting in the same spot i had left him, clearly struggling to keep his eyes open. all i wanted to do was curl up and cry but i knew that right now i had to be as strong as i could, for john.

''deaky? i called an ambulance, okay? they should be here soon,'' i told him, my heart shattering when i didn't receive any sort of response from the younger man. this wasn't the time to ignore each other because of some stupid argument. 

''john?'' i called out while sitting down next to the man i loved so much. the man i thought would be by my side forever. i couldn't let him slip away.

''john i need you to talk to me. i know it might be tempting, but don't you dare close those eyes on me, okay?'' this time i received a tiny nod in response, my heart swelling in relief at the small but important gesture. he was still here with me, and i'd make sure he stayed that way. i reached forward and took his trembling hand in mine, squeezing slightly to let him know i was there for him.

''do you remember the first time that we met?'' i asked, not being sure about where the question had come from. i guess i just wanted to bring back some positive memories.

john nodded again, and i could've sworn i saw a hint of a smile flash across his face. 

''you came to a coffee shop i worked at. i remember blushing when you came in, you were the cutest little thing. still are,'' i said dreamily.

''i remember being too shy to place my order,'' my boyfriend whispered as i stared at him with a smile on my face. 

''and why was that?''

''oh i don't know...there was this gorgeous man with the most beautiful eyes i had ever seen behind the counter. he might've had something to do with it,'' he said, blushing.

''oh darling, you flatter me!'' i exclaimed before carefully resting my head on his shoulder. 

''who said i was talking about you?'' the younger boy asked, smirking at me.

''you cheeky bastard!'' i laughed, playfully slapping his arm. 

i was about to open my mouth to add another comment when i heard the loud wail of sirens approaching. that sound was enough to remind me that this wasn't fun and jokes, this was a serious situation. 

・゚: *✧・゚:*

a/n: sorry if this is shit, i just wanted to get smthn out for u guys as fast as possible! and yes, i do have an excuse for not updating for so long (ofc i do). i had this chapter written but wattpad decided to delete it so that was fun :) anyway hope y'all are enjoying the story so far