Sudden Change

《Elliott the Jerk POV》

Its been 3 weeks and i heard that she woken. I was concerned but Camille cheered me up as always i didn't check on her in the last 5 days cause im busy with Camille and she got her powers at 6 years old! Can you believe that?! She got it when she got involved by an earthquake and the earth spoke to her. Amazing! I know Marinn had her powers at 5 and water spoke to her but she is a witch! Camille is much better than her!

I am visiting now since she is awake and i want to get off our engagement quickly and shorten the deadline to a month.

As i go to the garden and with Duke Dain and to my suprise she is already waiting for me. Ho? Clinging onto me again? Heh. Pathetic..
I wanted to look at her face with serious eyes but hers is more scary. Huh? Mad at me? She sharpens her eyes. She isn't wearing the eyesore dress but she is in a nightgown.. she is cute... it matches her hair and eyes...

I dozed off onto her face

"Tsk"

She tsked at me?! She looked away from my face.

"Father. WHY would i need to BE here"

She said in a respectful voice but in a mix of disgust

"Huh? I thought you want to meet the prince" The Duke spoke in concern

"*sigh* father.... I fell out of love"

She smiles gently for her father but it wasn't for me.. but my heart feels warm...

"Fine.... Go to the lake and bring Cathy with you and go get the magic books on my office"

Huh? Magic books? To the lake? She likes reading? We share the same hobby then... Camille is a very playful girl but she always despise reading. But Marinn likes reading??

She went over me with her sharpened eyes and dark sadistic face

"Your majesty i believe you are here to talk about the engagement. Tsk. I say yes. Annul the Engagement. Not that im a man-chaser its just i know everything you think about me~.. And you are better with Camille not this witch infront of you. Pathetic..." She says in a mocking voice as i was shocked to know the sudden change and her looking directly at me. She isn't acting but her eyes are full of disgust and annoyance like my eyes when she was clinging onto me.  Her eyes Last time was full of love and obsession but i never notice her feelings till now... she really do fallen out of love. But whats is this feeling of Regret again?...

"So... My Precious Luqua decided no."

"Precious? I never heard that from you Your Grace"

"Well.. from the past 5 days she helped her mother and i from the documents i didnt understand.. It was "French" She told me and she understand it perfectly well... i almost signed it but she told me its about the other country's marines and soldiers hiding here from the war occured last 4 weeks in their country. It said for them to depart and arrive without a word. It was a full 10 pages letter back to back with a language so called "French""

"And she understand this language?" I asked in disbelief but if the Duke says it. It must be true...  Unlike last time he completely disowned her and his eyes is emotionless towards her but now... they are filled with joy and proudness that his eyes were sparkling

"YES! She understand it quiet fluently! She even spoke to the other country for refusing the request! And she learned the multiplication and pre- algebra and even presented it to us! She even made her mother a very cute thank you card 'for giving birth to me' and a sweet cake! And she even-"

"Whats with the Sudden change?"

"*sigh* Thats Why i need to thank you for making my daughter a goddess and a prodigy again... im really glad you Cancelled engagement"

"H-huh? Why?"

"If she were gone i wont go home with a loving daughter and a wife"

"......."

"I wont question her decision but if you didnt cancel the engagement you would go home to a sweet caring gentle fianće"

His words tightened my heart as overwhelming regret kept pouring in.

"Oh! Good news your majesty but my precious daughter Luqua already signed the paper so you are officially unengaged"

"I-Is there anyway to bring the Engagement back?!"

"Sadly no. You said 'the cancellation of engagement  is permanent and cannot be brought back' with a smug facade and i already presented it to the court with your permission 3 days ago and the courth and your father agreed to the cancellation "

Crap! I messed up... i messed up... whats with this regret and the Duke's feeling happy about the Annulment. My face shattered as the same she did to me last time... i feel like i lost a jackpot....

I went back home with Camille waiting for me. But i ignored her and went to my king sized bed.

Camille... why do i feel weird about you? Also.... why are you and your mother kept clinging onto me and my father?