Chapter-31 Professor Draco

The next morning, at breakfast, several of the students held copies of the Daily Prophet. Harry blushed to see his photograph staring out of the front page, under the headline, "The Face of Harry Potter". His photographic image was looking a little to the left and smiling slightly.

Harry thought that the photograph must have been snapped in the split second before he had realized that the reporters had descended upon them. He was pretty sure he had been speaking with Ron at the moment that the photograph had been taken. His photographic self would face straight forward every so often, look surprised and a little shy and sidle slightly toward the edge of the frame.

Harry pretended great interest in his breakfast as Hermione unfolded the paper in front of her porridge bowl. "You should have brushed your hair, Harry."

"What?" he asked startled. He raised a hand uncertainly to his head. He was pretty sure that he had brushed his hair this morning. Hadn't he? Hermione's question made him cast his mind back to his morning grooming and, after a moment in thought, he nodded his head decisively and said, "I did brush my hair."

She smirked. "I don't mean today, Harry. I meant for the photograph!" She pointed a finger toward the Daily Prophet cover.

"Oh," Harry ducked his head and blushed. Under his breath, he muttered, "I wasn't expecting anyone to be snapping photos."

"Don't worry, Harry," Hermione soothed. "It's actually quite a good picture of you."

Harry looked up, and rolled his eyes. "I wasn't worrying!"

"I'm glad it's a good picture," continued Hermione. "Don't forget, most people had no idea what you looked like, Harry. This is the first chance they have of seeing you."

Ron, overhearing, leaned over and said, "It's too bad that they'll be disappointed to see your ugly mug!"

"Ron!" scolded Hermione. "Harry looks very handsome."

Harry knew Ron was just teasing, but he thought Hermione was being kind. Studying his photograph with a critical eye, he saw the edges of his scar peeking out from behind his bangs. He wished he had brushed his hair – he would have made sure that his scar was hidden.

"Admiring yourself, Potter?"

Harry dropped the paper as if it were on fire and spun around. There was Draco. Harry's face flamed.

"No!" spluttered Harry. "I was just…just…"

"Not interested, Potter," dismissed Draco, with a regal wave of his hand. "I am here to collect."

"Collect?"

"You may remember that we had a bet. A bet in which you promised to do one thing I asked you to do?"

Harry's eyes widened in alarm. He swallowed and nodded, his eyes fixed on Draco's. Oh, no!

Around him, Hermione and Ron waited with baited breath.

Draco allowed the silence to build, enjoying Harry's alarm. "What?!" Harry demanded, hating the suspense.

Draco smirked, pleased. "You will be attending the Minister's brunch next Saturday with me. Elmer Fellwert is giving a lecture on the importance of foreign investment in Brazil for the production of potion ingredients. My father will be there, as will many prominent wizard families. These type of meetings occur every few months and it will be a coup for me to have you attend as my guest."