Chapter 5

Aidan

I waited for Kip to come back to our room. I wanted to apologize for what happened earlier.

I know he was probably upset with me and I would understand if he was but as long as he forgave me and we could be on good terms again.

I shouldn't have yelled at him like that, I should be more understanding with his whole religion thing.

But I just wish he would understand that there is nothing wrong with being gay.

This whole camp is just trying to brainwash us into believing that it is.

My stomach growled, breaking the silence I was currently sitting in.

I sighed, I had skipped all my activities today including lunch and dinner, just to see if Kip would come back to our room early.

No such luck to my disappointment.

It was almost lights out and Kip should've been back by now.

My head was pounding and my fingers were shaking lightly, probably from low blood sugar.

I needed food but I couldn't get any until tomorrow morning.

After a few more minutes of waiting for him, he finally strolled in.

"Kip!" I exclaimed happily, jumping up making my head spin.

I steadied myself before smiling at him. "I'm sorry for this morning.." He held up his hand, signaling for me to be quiet.

I frowned. "Bu-"

He held his hand up again, sending me a glare. "Shut up, save it for someone who cares."

"Kip..." I stepped closer to him, resting my hand on his arm.

He shook it off, glaring at me again. "Don't touch me faggot."

I winced, looking down. Ouch. I am not a faggot. I am gay.

"Kip, if I'm a faggot so are you.." I played with the end of my sleeve, avoiding his eye contact.

"That's not true!" He turned and pushed me, causing me to land on my ass.

I cried out, squeezing my eyes shut and my !hands going up to protect my face from another attack.

I heard Kip stop his advance towards me, his breathing uneven.

"Aidan?" He whispered.

I cracked my eyes open slightly, lowering my eyes slowly when I realized what kind of position I was in.

"I'm sorry.." I chuckled slightly, standing up on shaky legs.

"Who hit you?" He asked softly, his whole body relaxed now.

I shook my head, "nobody.." I mumbled, moving to sit on my bed.

"Who. Hits. You." He asked again, more sternly this time.

"Nobody!" I shouted, jumping up to push him away. Instead of that I fell to the ground in a dizzy state.

"Oh god! Aidan!" Kip caught me before my head hit the ground.

"Sorr...y" I mumbled, pushing at him to let me go.

"You're shaking. What happened?" He held me against his chest.

"It's...j..ust..low..bl..ood..sugar.." I smiled, patting his cheek. "Thank..s for..the..conce..rn.."

He smiled before picking me up and carrying my bridal style out of the room.

"I need to get you food." My eyes widened.

"No! You'll get in trouble!" I forced energy back into my body, pushing at his chest.

"Stop it Aidan!" Kip tightened his grip on me and I slummed against his chest. I was exhausted and hungry.

"I missed all my activists today too.."I whispered, playing with his sweater.

He stopped in his tracks and looked down at me. "What? You skipped them all?" I nodded smiling. "I was waiting for you.."

"They're going to hurt you.." He paled, tightening his grip on me once again.

I teared up. "People always hurt me, it's not fair.." I mumbled sleepily.

"I know..it'll be okay Aidan...I promise.." Kip smiled softly before setting me down on the kitchens counter.

He quickly ran around the kitchen looking for something I could snack on.

I felt my head get heavy, it flopped back against the wall.

"Christ Aidan stay awake!" Kip said urgently.

I tried forming words but none came out.

I felt something being pressed against my lips but I couldn't open my mouth. "Aidan open up please.."

I grumbled and my head rolled to the side. Just let me sleep kip..

A second later I felt a pair of soft lips against mine and something was being pushed into my mouth.

It was a gummy. I chewed it quickly and swallowed, relived that I could get something in my stomach.

"That's it Aidan...good.." I heard Kip mumble happily.

I felt his lips against mine again, pushing my food into my mouth until I could eat properly by myself.

Kip watched me until I finished everything. I still had a small ache in my stomach but I could wait until tomorrow morning.

"Thank you.." I whispered softly, blushing.

"You're welcome." He smiled stroking my cheek.

It's like his whole attitude changed because I got sick.

I suffer from low blood sugar all the time so it's not a big deal. I would've been fine. Probably not but still.

"C'mon, let's get back to our room and get some sleep." I nodded, hopping down from the counter.

We trailed back to our room in silence. When we got there we changed into our sleep clothes and before I could climb into my bed Kip grabbed my hand.

I frowned at him, he smiled.

He pulled me to his bed and laid down, pulling me into his side. I blushed, looking up at him.

"Kip..?" I whispered.

"Shhh, get some sleep." He started to stroke my hair and the soothing feeling made my eyes drop sleepily.

Before I could say anything else, I fell into a deep peaceful sleep.

Everything was perfect until morning came.