Skeletons in the Closet

JJBA x Legend of Korra Fanfic

Part 23

The sun was beaming down on City Hall.Republic City is now full of Equalist airships patrolling the skies and the Aang Memorial Island statue is now wearing Amon's mask while the Equalist banner is hanging from the staff and there are mecha tanks surrounding City Hall as Hiroshi is standing on the front steps talking to a large crowd of non-benders.

"It is a glorious day, my Equalist brothers and sisters! Amon has torn down the tyrannical bending government! He has declared bending illegal and has the Avatar on the run! Our great leader has a vision for the future. One day soon, bending will no longer exist and we will live in a world, where everyone is finally equal! The United Forces are on their way right now to try and stop that dream, but we will prevail!" Hiroshi announced and the non-bender crowd cheers loudly.

At the back of the crowd, 3 chi-blockers nodded to each other and left the square. They entered a park where a large rock was sitting on the ground.One of them bent the rock revealing a hole and they go for the hole before the rock slides back over it.

Then the chi-blockers remove their masks revealing to be Jotaro,Korra,and Mako and they are walking down a dim hallway.

"Can you believe Hiroshi?! 'The Avatar's on the run'. I'm not running from anyone! Let's go back up there and knock some heads; they'll never know what hit 'em." Korra said.

"You know that's just going to make things worse,right?"Jotaro asked.

Mako nodded."Don't worry.General Iroh's coming with an entire fleet of battleships. Soon, it'll be Amon who's running."

"I hate this 'being patient' stuff." Korra said.

"I know you do.But it's the only thing we can do now."Jotaro said.

Meanwhile,Bolin and Asami are sitting on crates and they approached Korra,Jotaro,and Mako as they arrive.

"You 2 were gone awhile." Asami said as she glared at Mako.

"We were doing some recoinnaisance.And Jotaro was there too."Mako said.

"Whatever."Asami said.

On Jotaro and Korra's 1st day n Republic City, they had met a strange hobo in the park who lived in a bush. That same hobo now clapped them on the shoulders.

"Welcome back! Hope you worked up an appetite because dinner is served!"The hobo said.

In a rusty old pot, the hobo stirred a disgusting looking stew and spooned it into several bowls.

"Thanks so much for letting us hide out with you the past few days." Korra said.

"Honored to oblige. My associates and I heartily oppose Amon's so-called 'Equalist' policies. We got benders and non-benders living together down here, but do you see us fightin'? No siree; we've figured out how to harmoniously co-exist."The hobo said.

"You are a wise and noble hobo.
Mm! This is the best-tasting street gruel I've ever had, seriously."Bolin said as he ate the stew.

The hobo grinned. "I culled it from the finest dumpsters the city has to offer."

After hearing that,both Jotaro and Asami choked and spit out their food.They put their bowls down behind them for Pabu to eat.

That night,Korra is sitting next to Naga and Mako comes walking to her.