Punched

*Tuesday*

"Hey!" "Hey, bud, how's it going?" "I'm pretty good, how 'bout you?" "I'm great." The two boys walked to class together, getting there just after the last bell rang. They sat next to each other, continuing to talk after the teacher asked everyone to quiet down.

"Link! Sean! I told you to be quiet!" Link looked at the teacher and leaned the chair back, almost touching the empty desk behind him. "Sorry ma'am," he apologized with a smile. "I won't do that again, especially after being late." The boy next to him, Sean, snickered. "I should hope so." The teacher went back to the front of the classroom, keeping an eye on the two.

She began taking roll, calling out names. "Zelda Hylan." She paused, not getting an answer. "Hylan?" Just as she was about to mark the student absent, a girl opened the door slowly. "I'm sorry I'm late again, I'll try to be on time tomorrow." "It's fine. Take a seat." The girl looked around the classroom, looking for an empty seat. The only vacant desk was the one right behind Link, and she hesitantly walked over. "You better not be a disruption today," she hissed at him. "Don't worry, miss. I wouldn't dare bother you." He looked back at her, putting a sweet, innocent face on. She only rolled her eyes before focusing on the teacher.

"Zelda Hylan." The girl raised her hand and called, "Here. So sorry about being late, again." "Like I said already, it's alright. As long as you do all of your work."

Link whispered to Sean, "How come she gets let off? I swear, that teacher is seriously playing favorites." "Yeah, man. It's not fair."

The teacher finished calling roll and began the lesson. Link wrote something on a piece of paper. He looked at it for a moment before tossing it behind him. It landed right on Zelda's desk. She glared at the back of his head. She opened up the paper slowly, reading what he had written. It was obvious that he wanted to her read it.

It read, "can I see ur homework" She rolled her eyes, writing a "No." on the paper. She handed it to him, and he looked at it. He wrote on it again before passing it back. "Please? I need help. I don't know what number 4 was." He was obviously trying to guilt her into "helping" him, even writing everything out and all. Again, she wrote a hard "No."

This time he spoke instead of writing. "Aw, c'mon. You don't wanna let another student fail, do you?" "I hardly consider it letting you fail if you didn't do your work in the first place." "Please? I just need help with number 4, 6, 8, and 10, along with every other in between." "That's all of the ones we didn't work in as a class." "Exactly. I work much better once I see how it's done." "'See how it's done?' This is English, not math. There's not much to see." "Jeez. You're not very helpful."

She didn't reply, looking past the boy and at the teacher. He turned around, looking forwards. "What a bitch." "Yeah. She only cares about herself." "Agreed."

<<×>>
*after school*

"Twice now, I've asked her for help, and she refused. What a bitch." "Oh, and speak of the devil. There she is." "Hey everyone! Look at her! Yeah, her! The blonde bitch! She's selfish as fuck and won't help anyone!" Link pointed at Zelda as he yelled, catching everyone's attention with his gibes. He laughed, not paying attention to her walking up to him. She turned him around and grabbed his shirt.

"Uh, hi!" He waved a little. What she did next surprised everyone. She punched him, square in the nose. His eyes began to water as his hands flew up to his nose. "Don't freaking do that again, you little shit." She let go of his shirt and walked away as everyone stared in shock. He quickly regained composure and yelled to her, "If you do that again, I'll beat you up!" She paused, then quickly turned around and ran up to him, punching him again, this time in the stomach. It knocked all the air right out of him, giving her time to run away.

Sean walked over, and once Link could breath again, he asked, "Why didn't you punch her back?" "I'm not getting into a fight with her! One, you don't hit a girl, and two, she punches hard." "Yeah, now that I think about it, it looked like you were about to cry." "That's not true! When you get punched in the nose, your eyes automatically start watering. It doesn't mean you're a wimp. If I could, I'd beat the living shit out of her."

They talked for a but longer. After a while, Sean, saying, "Well, bye. I should get on my bus." "Bye. See ya tomorrow." "Yeah, have a good day."

Now, since his nest friend had left, he decided that he probably should go home. He didn't want to, though, so he walked slowly.

<<×>>

He stood in front of the door, not wanting to open it. He knew his dad was home. He already got punched twice today. He didn't want to deal with his dad.

Instead, he walked around the the side of the house. He opened the gate as quietly as he could, trying not to make any noise. He walked through and shut it behind him. He ran over to the back door, opening that door silently as well. He successfully got inside and up the stairs without anyone noticing. He went to his room and breathed out a sigh of relief.

He was safe. He put his bag down, making sure he wasn't making too much noise. He pulled out his phone and started texting Sean.

L: hey bro wanna play a game
S: sure
S: what game
L: idk whatever u want to play
S: ok
S: let's see
S: how about knights of hyrule
L: sure
S: ok I'm getting on
L: me too

He turned on his computer and joined Sean in a Knights of Hyrule game. They played for a while before Sean had to go, leaving Link to find something else to do.

His room wasn't that big, but it had all of his stuff in it. He even kept snacks in his room, so he wouldn't have to go downstairs to get  He kept everything in there, with the door locked while he was gone. He didn't want anyone getting into his stuff.

He found another game to play. He played that for a while before getting bored, so he went on his phone and watched some videos.

After a while, Link heard the front door opening. It must be his sister, he decided. Their dad liked her much more than he liked him. He was an angry guy, and would often take his anger out on Link. That's why he always tried to avoid him. That's why he never wanted to come home.