☆~•Strength Unmatched•~☆

"We're done here." I stated, sheathing my sword back to its hilt while my back is still turned.

"W-Wait!! Just like that?!"

I glanced at him.

"Genya-kun, the demon is dead and the villagers are safe. There isn't anything to do other than that so why don't we head back?" I said, explaining it to him. It's the most logical reason since the mission is finished.

"W..what... I..B-but.."

I turned to face him, eyeing the look of astonishment on his face.

"Genya-kun. Are you okay? You can't form a sentence."

His eyes snapped to me quickly.

"Riri-san, you really are a pillar..."

I immediately turned away and adjusted the loose strands of hair that fell on my face.

"You just realized that now? I guess I don't really look the part." I said, placing one hand on my hip while tilting my head.

"Is it the clothes or my attitude? I might be small but I'm pretty tough!"

"N-No.. I didn't mean to offend you.. it's just--"

I chuckled and pulled at his right cheek. "I'm not offended. I don't look like I could kill but I've slain tons of demons in my life. I have an amazing teacher afterall!"

As the words left my mouth, I noticed his gaze turned downwards.

"Right... It's Nemi who.."I heard him mutter.

I raised my hand and slapped his back.

"Riri-san..!?" He said with a questioning gaze.

"Don't look so down! And in the first place, I learned to use the sword before I met you and Sanemi! My brother was a demon slayer, remember?"

His eyes turned to me. "Ah... Yes. Ruki-san was.. What happened to him?"

I stared at him for a long time and it was then that the scarred face boy awkwardly fumbled with his words while shaking his head.

"I'm s-sorry..! I know you don't like talking about him! I was only curious! Please don't be mad--"

I placed a hand on his head and slowly stroked his hair.

With a smile, I spoke. "There's no need for an apology! My brother was a great man and he died an honourable death as a demon slayer. It doesn't bother me since he got what he wish."

"Riri-san, are you angry?"

I placed a hand on my cheek and met his eyes.

"Do I look angry, Genya-kun?"

He blushed. "N-No.. It's just, you were so attached to Ruki-san and it's only been three years."

I smiled. "Three years is a long time. Long enough to move on from past experiences that broke you. It's fine, Genya-kun. I'm fine."

At the look of relief in his face, I almost felt bad for lying but Genya is a sweet, shy boy who doesn't need to be bothered about things like this.

He's already had too much, dealing with his family's death and Sanemi being a total princess.

I just wish that these two would reconcile before its too late.

"Why don't we head back?" I said, slipping my hand and holding his calloused one.

What a hard worker.

"Your hands are really soft, Riri-san." He commented and it made me chuckle a little.

"Really? I'm surprised. I've been swinging my sword for such a long time. I would've developed some calloused hands but I guess it's a good thing I didn't."

"Why?" The curiosity in his eyes made me want to laugh.

"Well, a boy wouldn't want to hold a girl with calloused hands. It'd be pretty bad for me."

"Riri-san..!" He said and I almost laughed at how he looked so disappointed.

"There really isn't much of a reason why I want my hands to be soft. " I said truthfully.

"But Riri-san, you're p-pleasant to look at so even if you have calloused hands.. Someone would s-still.."

At the end of his sentence, he suddenly stuttered and I saw the flustered expression he now sported. My stare probably made him uncomfortable.

"You're such a sweet boy, Genya-kun! Hearing those words make me happy!" I praised, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"I wish Sanemi can be as sweet as you. He always yells and screams at the top of his lungs like some stuck up princess!"

No response.

"Genya-kun?" I questioned. It was then that I realized how red his face was.

I smiled. "Aw! Genya-kun is embarrassed! You're so cute! It makes me want to kiss you!"

"Riri-san! P-Please don't!"