☆~•Thoughts •~☆

Hoshiki Ruki is a demon slayer, always have and always will.

He knows the way of the sword and the cruelty that comes from gripping its handle and swinging it to deliver the finishing blow, whether to kill or incapacitate, it hardly mattered.

To Ruri, her brother has always been a role model to her. The epitome of fierceness and ruthlessness. Ruki never hesitates when using his sword, he doesn't pause or panic the same way Ruri always does when face with the decision to kill.

It's always hard to let go, that small medium of control that she keeps to herself so that she wouldn't lose to the call of blood and battle. Ruri wonders how her brother could sleep at night so easily despite all the ghostly hands of his victims clinging to his back. Ruri questions whether her brother ever feels the pain of the demons he's killed without an ounce of hesitation.

And he's always killed--- with precision.

He does not hesitate (unlike Ruri).

He goes in for a swift death (unlike Ruri).

He smiles afterwards as if all is said and done (unlike Ruri).

Ruri always hesitates. She lacks the will to kill a person so easily and swiftly even if they no longer bore the resemblance of their human past and were now hideous monsters who are forced to eat human flesh for the rest of their lives, hiding from the sun until nighttime falls and then--- and then, they become people's worst nightmare.

Ruri cannot help them. There's no cure. And stupidly, she clings to hope just like any other hero in a cliche story, hoping that the big bad demons would be enlightened and they will one day come to their senses. Where they will realize that what they're doing is wrong and killing innocents who don't deserve to be slaughtered is wroonngg.

But it was also so, so wrong to hope for something that might never happen and yet stupidly, Ruri hopes.

She hopes for a cure.

So that she could be human again.

♤♡◇♧

Sanemi has always been fascinated of the weird little girl he met. Ruri or Riri, (he like to call her that, much to her dismay) has always been the odd one between the three one of them.

She was so irritatingly small and annoying all the time. And Riri always comes up with an insult to his face, and if he didn't know any better, Riri liked insulting. And Sanemi knows he should feel offended but it was quite blatantly obvious that he also enjoys insulting her back since no one has ever really tried arguing against him before.

His brothers and sisters were very docile and they've never questioned him since he was the eldest.

Sanemi would never admit that Riri intrigues him, and even though she always bickers with him, he also knows that she understands him.

Their relationship is weird.

But Sanemi doesn't complain because it's the weirdness of it that intrigues him and he doesn't really believe that such a short little girl was the same age as him, it was impossible and Sanemi was a 100% sure Riri was lying.

....

..

.

And of course.

Riri isn't lying.

She also happens to have a brother who is skilled in swordsmanship.

Said brother practically hates Sanemi.

He snorts. Because there was no way he was interested at Riri in the romantic sense, he would bite his tongue before that happens. And to point it out, they were children and she was a thorn that constantly grates on his nerve.

So he couldn't possibly have any interest towards that annoying girl.

He doesn't (he's sure of it).

♤♡◇♧

Genya likes Riri very much. She's smart, kind and very, very funny. Riri knows how to make Genya laugh a lot.

But the one thing he really likes about her was the fact that she isn't scared of his Nemi. Nemi always seems to be in a good mood after their visit with Riri and Genya llikes that the short girl makes his brother happy.

Nemi has always been burdened of being the eldest and because their tou-san who isn't really a tou-san is always gone and drunk, all of the responsiblity has fallen on Nemi's shoulders.

So Genya always does his best to cheer him up but he's not a very good brother because Nemi rarely smiles.

He can't seem to make Nemi smile as often as Riri does.

So Genya is grateful and he'll always treasure his friendship with Riri because she always makes Nemi and Genya happy just by being herself.

Riri is also very smart and she always reads to Genya when she has the time. She would teach him about herbs and where to find them in the forest. She tells them of their healing properties and how they can be a substitute for medicine.

Genya appreciates this a lot because their kaa-san gets sick at times and Genya can't hide the cringe on his face everytime their kaa-san coughs. Nemi hides his feelings much better and Genya wanted nothing but to relieve him from his pain.

So he asks Riri more things, more books and more knowledge because he knows it'll help and he'll be able to help Nemi.

And Riri did help him.

So Genya is thankful of Riri.

♤♡◇♧

A/N: Certain events and triggers on the upcoming chapters