☆~• The End is Near •~☆

I went on a mindless search for my only brother after hearing news of his sudden demise from headquarters because I had stubbornly refused to believe that someone as strong as the Fire Pillar would not be defeated so easily. We were used to hearing the deaths of our comrades and we had stopped hoping for bodies to come back in tact but I only focused on the fact that my brother was dead and there was no corpse to mourn.

Or rather, they didn't find his corpse. So I searched for weeks that bled into months until I found him, only to come face-to-face with a monster who's sole purpose in life was devour human flesh. In the end, I ended up killing my only blood relative.

Consumed by vengeance for the person responsible for damning my brother's life and so many others, I once again fell into a mindless search for the demon progenitor, Kibutsuji Muzan.

I searched and searched, killed and killed the demons I encountered while draining them dry with information until the curse of their progenitor took their very life. Some were scared, some I tricked and some I simply beheaded without remorse.

I don't hate demons. They weren't born that way. They were once humans like me. The one to blame was only one person and I would direct my hatred towards him alone.

When I did found him, he betrayed all my expectations of a horrid looking beast who only knows to kill and dominate. Instead, he wore the guise of a human, bearing a handsomely delicate exterior and perfectly practiced smile who easily deceives anyone. The demon I hate so much who was responsible for so many deaths was a highly intelligent being.

It was my fault for underestimating him.

And so..

It was no surprise that I laid on the dirty ground with my bones broken down to my very fingers. I had expected that I would die and bleed to death because my humanity never stood a chance again such a beast. I accepted that and I welcomed death with open arm.

Yet the worst case scenario happened.

He turned me into a demon.

The very monster preyed on humans. He gave me his foul blood and because I would rather die than serve someone like him, I committed a dishonorable act...

I committed suicide.

When darkness came and all my senses were rendered useless, I finally understood that I died.

Or so I thought.

I woke up in a warm bed, covered with a blanket inside a room I had no recognition of.

As if to answer the lingering question of why I was still breathing, the door opened to reveal a man with dark hair and cold blue eyes.

The distinct pattern of his half and half haori was my only hint that he was indeed the very man I knew from before.

"Riri-san? You're finally awake?"

"......"

I couldn't move, couldn't answer.

I had died. I was sure of it so why was I here? Still breathing and alive? I went to it up, and the absence of pain in my body shook me.

I placed a hand on my chest, noticing the lack of a gaping hole where I was stabbed clean by that demon's hand.

I flexed my fingers. They were perfectly moving and so were the rest of my limbs that should've been broken beyond repair.

Dear god, was this some kind of dream? If I had even survived, I would have been a crippled for life and yet I felt none of the injuries I sustained from my previous battle.

I shuddered. I could barely call it a battle when it was so one-sided.

"Riri-san?" Giyuu. Hi voice called for me but I was too shock of my situation to acknowledge his presence.

"....."

I ignored the fact that I was no longer wearing my clothes from befor and it didn't bother me because they were too bloodied and beyond repair.

I pulled at kimono, wanting to make sure that I was indeed healed.

"I'll leave." Came the immediate voice of my unwanted companion. I once again ignored him and rushed, peeling away all the layers of cloth on my body just in time for the door to close, signaling that I was alone.

I could barely believe what I was seeing. My body wasn't covered in bandages nor was I filled with scars from my previous battle. There was only smooth skin on my chest and no traces of ever being injured.

I looked around, rummaging in the drawers and fishing for a hand mirror.

My purple eyes stared back at me while I shaking started to open my mouth.

I dropped the hand mirror, it shattered upon impact.

The door opened abruptly"Riri-san?! I heard something break! Are you--"

There was silence.

"I'm sorry."

I didn't pay attention to my display of nakedness nor the discomfort it caused to the Water Hashira. The door closed once more, leaving me alone in this room while I pondered how it was possible for my tongue to have healed as if I hadn't just bitten it off.

There were so many questions in my mind but it was only a few days did I realize what I had become.

♤♡◇♧

"I turned into a demon." I said to Yuishiro. "I thought that suicide was the most dishonorable act I would ever experienced. I always thought I might get killed by a demon, something along those lines but I guess I'd never imagined I would turn into a demon instead."

"If being a demon sucks so much to you then you can go commit suicide again. Just go stand under the sun." He suggested.

I almost rolled my eyes. "Anyway.."

"As you said, it sucks being a demon for me. So I tried all kinds of methods to prevent the transformation. When I started craving raw meat, or salivated just by the thought of it, I gathered wisteria leaves and concocted all kinds of poison and I ate them like I used to do back then."

"What?! You used to eat poison?"

I flashed my fangs. "On a daily basis."

"You're crazy. I've never met a girl as stupid as you."

"For your information, Shinobu also ingests poison like me but compared to her, I always take a huge amount of dosage. I was never afraid of risks so I ended up building an immunity and when I increased my intake almost everyday, it felt as if I could control myself and that I might not fully turn.."

"That's still dangerous and risky. You could have died but I guess idiots can be lucky too."

"Hey!" I glared. He did not look the least bit sorry.

"As I was saying.. ingesting poison made of wisteria seemed to have stopped my demonization process. I should have died because wisteria is lethal to demons but I miraculously survived and still ended up turning." I sighed. "The wisteria trees doesn't affect me. Though I find myself craving its leaves every once in a while. It was then that Kibutsuji Muzan appeared before me."

He tensed up.

"Since I have his foul blood inside me, he could control me. He was fascinated by the fact that I was a demon immune to the very poison thay weakens demons. You have no idea how many weeks I endured under his control but I eventually broke free of him when I fully matured into my demon form which was about a few weeks ago." I flexed my claws nd trace circles on the floor.

"I barely evaded Nemi before I left.. Then I met Lady Tamayo.. then there was you. The rest was history."