Chapter Four

I hit snooze three times before I talk myself into getting up. I brush my teeth and hair, and I put on some light mascara and eyebrow gel. That's the usual routine for me. I put on a plain purple shirt and jeans. I put my hair in a bun and grab my backpack, then I start walking to campus.

I walk up to Coffee and Bagels to meet Nic. It's packed, full of college students. Some are scrambling around rushing to grab coffee before they're late, and some are sitting booths chatting with their laptops and textbooks open. I scan the room and find Nic in line. She's wearing almost the same thing she was wearing yesterday. Black ripped jeans and a black T-shirt with ripped holes up on side, and she's holding a leather jacket. Her black, curly hair is pulled back in a ponytail.

​"Hey Nic. What's up?" I ask when I reach her in line. Even though I know she's about to head to class. Same as me.

​"Hey girl. You ready for another ear-wrenching day in Cole's class?" She giggles, "I think Niall wants to sit with us this time." She nudges my arm.

​"That seems cool." I chuckle and stop myself from asking if Harry will be sitting with us, too.

​"Well, we'll see if he and Harry actually sit with us." She rolls her eyes, playfully. We order. She orders a Caramel Frappuccino and I order an Americano, black. She snarls her nose and it reminds me of my sister, Beck. I chuckle under my breath and take a sip.

​She begins to walk away, when she turns around and says,
​"Well, you coming or not?"

​She begins to walk away, when she turns around and says,​"Well, you coming or not?"

​I jump up in surprise.

​Nic and I aren't the last people in class, but it's filling up quick. We sit in a row closer to the back, and Professor Cole walks in. He's a younger guy, with light brown hair. He walks over to his desk and sets his briefcase on it. There's still five minutes before class is supposed to start, and I've noticed he starts right at 10 a.m.

I start pulling out my notebook and pen when two guys sit on the other side of Nic. I look over and much to my surprise, it's Niall and Harry. They also have another girl with them. She's also in a ripped-up T-shirt and a jean skirt and wearing a leather jacket. What is up with that?

​"What's up, ladies?" Niall leans over and asks us, and Nic laughs as she looks at me while she rolls her eyes, playfully.

​"Oh, hey Ren. Did you just join this class?" Nic asks the girl sitting her stuff down next to Harry.

​"Yeah, I dropped that lame ass music appreciation class that my advisor put me in and picked up this class instead." She responds.

​Harry is looking down at his desk, but I see him roll his eyes at her comment. I look away so he can't tell I'm staring. I look at the girl on his other side, she's looking past the three of them from where she is sitting on the end of the row and narrowing her eyes on me.

​"And who is this?" she asks.

​"I'm Hollis, nice to meet you." I hold my hand out and she looks at it and lets out a tiny scoff before focusing back on Harry. Okay?