Chapter Eleven

Nic ends up using Niall's car to pick me up. She says the guys are getting ready for their set tonight. I'm nervous about seeing Harry again. His lips on mine haven't left my thoughts, and I wonder if he's thought about it, too.

When we pull in, Nic says "Girl, I will tell you that things get pretty crazy here during the weekends. I'm sure nothing will happen, but the later it gets, the more people show up and it can get out of hand. Just a little warning." She chuckles at the end of her sentence but now I feel a little on edge.

The bar is way more crowded tonight than it was earlier this week. Granted, that was a Tuesday and now it's Friday night. I'm trying to keep up with Nic, but I end up losing her in a swarm of people walking around. I start feeling over-whelmed and sketched out while looking for her since she made it such a big deal about walking around here by myself.

I feel a hand grab the back of my arm and begin to spin me around. I expect Nic. It's not. An older guy, probably late twenties, early thirties is the one gripping me. There's food stuck in his scruff, and he reeks of alcohol, and his scent makes me cringe. His eyes are completely glazed over, he looks so messed up, I know he's seeing two of me.

"Sup, girl?" He spits. I crinkle my nose in an attempt to block out his foul breath. I let out a disgusted scoff and pull away from him, which only makes him grip my arm harder. The pinch sends pain through the back of my arm, and before I could yank away and begin to cuss him out, I hear the deep, silk voice I already know so well.

"Back off, Todd." Harry steps next to me and pushes his shoulder back, and the dick loses his pinch on my arm. He stumbles back and laughs before balancing himself and taking a step closer to us.

"What? Is she playing hard to get with you too, Styles?" He attempts to reach for me again.

Harry steps in front of me.

"Don't make me say it again." Harry says, his face hovering over this douchebag's. I'm frozen in place just watching the two of them, and it brings me back to when he was standing in between me and Ren. I'm sure I'll hear from him about saving me from this type of situation for a second time. I can tell Harry is getting impatient, but he's not going to move until this guy steps down. I'm surprised. When I first met him, Harry seemed like the type to ignore anyone just for the sake of not wanting to be apart of conversation. Seeing him in this guy's face defending me makes my stomach twist in knots.

My heart is pounding when this guy starts to laugh, and I see Harry clench his jaw, then his fist. My eyes widen before I grab Harry's arm. I don't know why I did, but his fist relaxes. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he calmed down because I'm standing here.

Until I realize it wasn't my touch that made him release his clench, but that the dude steps back and puts his arms up in surrender.

"Okay, relax, Styles." He says, and Harry turns around to guide me to the other side of the bar, near the door that leads down the spiral staircase.

I'm glad he found me in the pool of people, I don't know what I would've done if that guy tried anything else. And I really didn't want to cause a scene for the second time in this bar.

Harry probably hates me. I'm already wondering if I should just leave. Harry is walking slightly behind me when I turn my heads towards him.

"Thanks for," I start and he cuts me off.

"It's fine." The words fall harsh off his tongue.

"I'm sorry, I lost Nic in the crowd, I was walking towards the downstairs, but-" Then he cuts me off again.