18 - Never Have I Ever

Adrian
After I had slapped Sammuel, for very good reasons, we ended up heading over to Emerson's place. Driving with a drunk Aurora is interesting. She'd giggle and tell me how hot I was every five seconds, and place her hand on my leg at every stoplight. She'd roll down her window, and proceeded to yell out the entire song of Grenade by Bruno Mars. She's crazy, that's for sure. In a good way, of course. Hell, at one point, she told me to "tell the devil I said hey when I got back to where I'm from."

To which I responded with "baby, if you wanted to tell me hey, you could just say it yourself."

"Let's play a game," Hunter proposed, with a devilish smirk.

From my seat on the couch, I groaned. He wants to play a game, that more than likely involves alcohol, when Aurora is already smashed. She is literally trying to feel me up as we speak. I keep having to swat her hand away when she tries to head lower than my stomach. Sorry, Carter, we are gonna avoid that region for now.

"Oh, come on, Luca!" Aurora whined as she tries to trace my chest with her finger. This girl will be the death of me, I swear. She has no idea how much I want to touch her right now. Oh, and she has started to call me Luca, which happens to be my middle name, whenever she wants something.

I thought the sound of my name coming from her mouth was hot, but the sound of my middle name that is Italian proves to be even hotter. Because of the "puppy dog" look she gives me, I eventually cave in, and agree to play whatever the fuck Hunter has thought up.

He comes back a minute later, with shots of tequila, in his hand. Oh, fuck. If Aurora has enough tequila, I'm pretty sure her clothes will disappear. Emerson's dress might disappear tonight, too, if the look she's giving my best friend is any indication.

I always knew that those two were fucking.

"What are we playing?" Poppy asks. Her arms are wrapped around her girlfriend, and a toothy smile is directed at Hunter. Well, Poppy is hoping for some action tonight.

"Never Have I Ever," he sneers. See, I knew my best friend was a manipulator, but I didn't know that he was capable of doing this. What have I done to him to deserve this? Ignoring the glares I was giving him, Hunter decided to ask the first question. "So, never have I ever been caught by the parents'?" We knew exactly what he meant by that. I downed my first shot of tequila. Hunter, Poppy, and Aurora followed suit. She's a feisty one, huh?

Well, she did cock you in the fucking jaw.

"My turn," Poppy smirked. "Never have I ever had shower sex?" Damn, is everyone trying to get me drunk? Groaning, I let the tequila burn my throat. Hunter downed his second shot, as well. I noticed Aurora shifting her glance. Either she hasn't had sex in the shower, or she's ashamed of the fact that she has. Either way, she'll eventually experience it.

"Okay," Saige piped up. "Never have I ever stole from your parents, and lied about it." Aurora and I both downed a shot. Hunter stifled a laugh.

That bastard.

"Never have I ever had sex without knowledge of your best friend." Hunter knew damn well that I was asking this question for the sole purpose of pissing him off. Just as I thought, he downed another shot, and Emerson took her first one.
"You know the drill, dude. I tell you every girl I bang, but you can't tell me. That's low."

He promptly gave me his middle finger. I returned the favor, and flipped him off with both hands. He stuck his tongue out at me. To which I made a digusted face.

When we were done acting like children, Emerson decided to ask a question. "Never have I ever had a one-night-stand." Hunter and I both slammed our glasses on the table at the same time. Aurora drank another shot of tequila. "Girl, spill." She tapped her long, red fingernails against the coffee table.

"It was at a party in freshman year. He wanted to have a good time, and I'm not one of those girls who worries about waiting until marriage. His name was Shawn."

Shawn Scott is the most prized possession of the hockey team. He can be cocky at times, but he's a pretty good guy.

But that didn't stop me from wanting to punch him.

"Never have I ever tried to cover up a hickey." At Aurora's question, both Poppy and Saige downed a shot. By this point, all of us were at least a bit tipsy. Some of us, like me, couldn't remember why I was sitting on this couch in the first place.

Why did I agree to play this stupid game in the first place? The answer is obvious. Because Aurora wanted me to, and I'm incapable of saying "no" when she begs.

At the end of the night, when the sky is given a blanket, I pick up a sleeping Aurora so that her legs are wrapped around my waist, and place her in the passenger seat. For the duration of the car ride, I don't say a word. I just sit there, and think back to the conversation we had earlier.

She asked me if what her mom had said bothered me. I didn't reply for a few minutes, and she chose not to push me on it. Finally, I gave her an answer. "It didn't bother me that she insulted me. What bothered me is the way she talked about my dad as if he was a piece of shit. She didn't know what he went through. She never had the love of her life die. Love is a foreign word to her like the word "human decency. " In the place where her heart should be, she has a black hole that's devoid of humanity."

She didn't speak after that. She averted her gaze to the window. I guess she just didn't know what to say. She could have said "I'm sorry," but those words have no meaning. You can't be sorry for an act that you didn't commit. You're not sorry. You don't care what that person has been through. All you care about is the fact that it didn't happen to you. At my mom's funeral, I heard those words by almost everyone there. I wanted to slap them. Her death meant nothing to them. They didn't give a care that she laid in a casket. They didn't care that my dad had drank until he passed out as soon as we got home. Saying those empty words was a second nature to those people. Words that you say when the words that you want to say haven't been created. So, I appreciated her silence.

Okay, well, I'm just gonna go......