Fast Paced

Roo woke up to Theseus shaking her shoulder, wide-eyed and panicking as he rushed about to get himself together. She blinked but when asked for explanation, only got a snappy statement that she should get ready if she didn't want to get in trouble.

It was only when they floo'ed right into the said pub they had visited last night -- she noticed it's name, called 'Witch's Arms' -- that she understood his flighty behaviour. Before her were a group of African men, each taller than the next, each looking more intimidating than the other. If she felt small and tiny in London, then she felt like a complete child now as she gazed up at the towering individuals blinking down at her with expectant looks on their faces.

She recognized Zane, who waved slightly before he slid off one of the pub tables. He ignored the glare from the store manage, face still as impassive and as cold as yesterday's encounter. This was definitely not someone she wanted to mess with.

"How'd you sleep?" His velvet alto  right through her like chocolate. 

Roo felt herself flush under his intense stare, "It was fine."

"No bed bugs?" His accent was attractive, she had to admit that to herself, at least. She shook her head at his question, before she heard Theseus clearing his throat. 

"Shall we?" Her senior nodded towards the said group that had been staring the moment they appeared, "Have you told them of Grindlewald's plans?" 

Zane dipped his head in a single nod. "They're not happy." 

"About Grindlewald?"

"About the situation." The African wizard let out a sigh, "They don't understand why you have to ask us for help with your problems. The last time we did help, we received a big fat kick in the arse. It wasn't pleasant, mate." 

Beside her, Theseus stiffened. "That's not the same thing. This is a War I'm talking about. It concerns all of us. He's going to come after your country when he's conquered all of Europe." 

"I'm afraid we can't trust you with mere words."

"We'll sign a contract. We'll do anything it takes." Theseus took a step forward, blue orbs glistening with desperation, such desperation that it made Roo's heart burn at the sight.

"Please, Zane." the Auror murmured then, "They'll only listen to you. We need you." 

Zane paused. His body language was unreceptive, cold. Knuckles pressed tightly against his sides, there was a silent battle that was happening inside Zane's head that nobody could decipher. There was something on his face, something struggling to pull through despite the words of protest he'd made against the alliance. He didn't say anything for a few beats, letting the pair hang with the silence ringing through their ears as the group of wizards shuffled behind them as though they were predators eyeing whether they should attack or let their preys go.

Zane then sighed before pinching the bridge of his nose, "Look, if we're to make an alliance, I want only the best for my men. The last time we worked together with Europe, we got kicked around, boycotted, bullied and weren't treated as we should. It's unacceptable to even think that even wizards think they're better than others," In his face burned the emotion of hot red anger. It made Roo want to hide. Zane's head tilted upwards, jaw clenched as he continued, "we won't hesitate to drop out if we feel threatened."

"I understand." Theseus said, "I'll prepare the agreement tonight and shall send it by owl."

"No need." Zane waved at him dismissively, already walking towards the group of wizards, whose eyes followed him wherever he went, "I shall send my raven over to you tonight. I expect it to be done by ten, at the most."