one

JAMIE 

I believe I was 14 when I came to terms with the fact that no one wanted me to become Alpha. I was even younger when I started getting made fun of the idea of even wanting to become Alpha. I was also 14 when I came to terms with my brother actually hating me.

I wanted this. I wanted to become Alpha for as long as I could remember. I wanted to rule this pack. I wanted to become the first female Alpha in history. I wanted to make my mom and great-grandparents proud. I wanted to be someone. That was, until I didn't anymore.

I was 17 when I realized how much this whole situation impacted my family. I didn't want my dad to look down at me anymore. I didn't want Jace to hate me anymore. I wasn't so sure I even wanted to become the Alpha anymore.

Today, I turned 18. Today, I ran away from home. I told Simon, our pack warlock, that I would be leaving. I sworn him to secrecy. Him and I got close over the years. I look at Simon as a long-lost uncle. Simon was there for me when no one else was. I told Simon everything, expect where I was going.

I had him disconnect the tracking spell he put on me when I was a baby, that he put on all of my siblings. My parents were nervous people. With being a powerful pack comes some heavy consequences. They were always on the edge, thinking that anything bad can happen to the five us. Simon reluctantly disconnected my tracking spell.

When I jumped out the window and landed on my feet, I began running. I had just written a letter and left it on my bed, telling my family why I had to leave. Today, I turned 18 and I was supposed to become the Female Alpha. I couldn't go through with it. I needed Jace to get this. I will come back after Jace turns 18 and takes his rightful spot as Alpha of our pack.

My wolf was anxious. I let her take control, let her take us anywhere we could ever want to go in this big world. She didn't know where she wanted to go. We had been running for hours and my feet were starting to hurt. I could tell she was getting tired and hungry. I took back my control of our body and stopped in a nearby clearing.

I shook out my grey fur and growled lowly, loving the feeling of stretching out my legs beneath me. I trotted over to a small pond and began drinking the water from it, ignoring the bitter taste it left in my mouth.

However, if I hadn't ignored the bitter taste in my mouth, maybe I wouldn't have passed out, unconscious and suddenly back in my human form, naked.

***

My mouth was dry and my head was hurting. I opened my eyes slowly, feeling blinded by the light in the room I was in. I was laying in a bed, a giant t-shirt covering my naked body. I sat up, feeling lightheaded for a few moments.

A tray with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a water bottle was sitting on the small nightstand next to the door. I noticed that there were no windows in the room, my escape idea falling short. I stood and went to go to the door but was held back by a chain that was around my ankle and connected to the bed post.

I felt sick. Was I kidnapped? Maybe I shouldn't have left home. Simon did give me a necklace that when broken, he would appear next to me. I was tempted to break it right now but the necklace was nowhere to be found. All of my jewelry, including my earrings, were gone.

I threw up all over the bed.

I sat down on the floor; my back pressed against the wall. I sniffed the peanut butter and jelly sandwiched, my wolf not smelling anything. I decided not to eat it, in case there was something in there to poison me again.

It was quiet, until I heard footsteps. I stood quickly, my wolf on full alert. Someone softly knocked on the door and then entered. A boy, probably around Ben's age, came into the room. He looked at the plate and shook his head. "You need to eat."

I growled lowly. "Eat? What if I become poisoned again? I don't know who you are. Where am I?"

The boy came closer and I backed further up against the wall. "Your health is at a low right now. You've been knocked out for a few hours. You need to eat something. We aren't going to poison you."

I laughed bitterly. "Then who did? All I remember is drinking some water and next thing I know, I'm passing out."

The boy took a bite out of the sandwich. "See? Not poisoned. Now, eat."

He slid the tray closer to me and I eyed it suspiciously. "You didn't answer any of my questions."

The boy shrugged. "I have strict orders to not say anything to do you anyway. However, I can tell you my name. I'm Grayson."

I hummed. "Jamie."

Grayson smiled. "Nice to meet you, Jamie. I'm the Alpha's brother here."

I felt my stomach drop. "I'm on another packs territory without permission?"

I ate the sandwich. "No worries, we aren't going to kill you. The Alpha might just find you useful."

Grayson winked and then went toward the door. "Can you at least give me some pants? Or take this chain off of me? It's starting to hurt."

"Sorry, Jamie. I can't unchain you. I also can't give you anymore of my clothes or else I'm make him even more mad."

I frowned. "Make who mad?"

Grayson smiled. "Your mate, silly."

And then Grayson left the room, leaving me feeling hopeless and sleepy again.

***

A couple hours later, I woke back up. I was sleeping on the ground since I threw up all over the bed earlier. It was starting to smell in here.

My legs were covered in goosebumps. The room I was in was extra cold and seeing as I had no pants on, I was getting kind of cold. My back hurt from laying on the ground and my wolf was getting annoyed. She was super anxious and wasn't talking to me right now. She wishes we went back home.

I wish I was back home too.

I stood from the ground, stretching my back and my arms. I paced around the room for a little bit, feeling as though I might go crazy. It's only been day one since I ran away and I somehow managed to accidently trespass on another pack's territory without permission and get kidnapped.

I laid back down on the ground, staring at the ceiling. I had to pee.

I stood again, pacing some more to keep my mind off of having to pee. Mom and Dad are probably going to kill me. I was half tempted to open back up my pack mind link but if I did that, Dad would be able to find me and I couldn't have that. Only ten more months and then I can go home.

If you survive.

I wish I could slap my wolf but I can't. It's the first thing she's said to me since Grayson left and it wasn't that nice. She isn't very optimistic about anything in our life.

Do you smell that? She asked, suddenly on alert again.

I sniffed the air, a warm feeling spreading throughout my body. It smelled of cinnamon and the outdoors. It was suddenly my new favorite smell.

There was a short knock on the door before it opened. My wolf was howling and I felt as though my body was on fire.

A man with sandy blond hair with bright green eyes came into the room. He was at least a foot taller than me. He frowned at me and I frowned back. What was that about?

"Hello." He said, his voice deep and raspy.

"Hi." I said, feeling very naked under his intense gaze.

"I'm Finn. I believe we're mates."

______________________