three

JAMIE 

"Mates?" I questioned, suddenly confused. How do I manage to trespass on another packs territory and manage to find my mate? Is this luck or a curse? I can't tell.

He didn't smile. He didn't frown. There was no expression on his face at all. Is this man a robot? "That is what I said, is it not?"

I felt really naked suddenly, wishing I had pants to wear and I also wanted to shower. Can he smell me too? Is that why he isn't coming any closer to me? What a great first impression on my mate. "Who are you?"

Finn came into the room more, shutting the door behind him and whispering something to someone that was standing outside my door. "I'm Finn."

I wanted to strangle him. He already told me that. "I know that, you already told me your name. I mean, who are you as in your pack? I don't think we've ever met before."

"Of course, we haven't met before, little wolf. I don't do business with rogues and I certainly don't want a rogue as my mate either."

I was taken aback. He thought I was a rogue? Does he not know who I am? "I am far from being a rogue and don't call me little wolf. I am not little."

There was a small smirk on Finn's stupid cute face. "Then what are you? Someone that is on the run is usually a rogue. Or are you running away from something? Someone? If you're in trouble, I can't help you here, little wolf."

"I didn't ask for your help. Who are you? What is your rank in this pack? What even is this pack? I know all of the packs on the west coast and who the Alpha's are and I don't recognize you at all."

Finn's smirk was erased from his face. It finally looks like I got this attention. "You know all of the packs on the west coast?"

"I've actually met them all. Why does that surprise you?"

"Who are you?"

"I asked first." I said, wanting to get answers.

I sat on the bed, pulling my shirt down further, trying to find warmth in this little compound. "Fine, my name is Finn Woodlock. I'm the Alpha of the White Knights Pack. I haven't left the pack in well over ten years, not since my family was brutally murdered in front of me when I was thirteen. I keep to myself and keep out of other pack affairs. I don't want war of any kind and I don't want any more of my pack members dying."

I was dumbfounded. I had learned of the White Knights in school. They were known for their bravery and strong warriors during wars. Rumor had it that the entire Alpha's family had died and that the pack had disintegrated. Dad was always so sure that they were still a pack somewhere out there but he just didn't have any proof. He always wants to make alliances to keep us all safe. Now my mate is the Alpha? This is insane.

"How are you able to stay hidden and out of conflicts for so long? I have so many questions, Finn."

He shook his head. "I won't answer any of your questions, no matter how many you decide to ask me. I have a feeling you are very talkative and you'll come to know that this is the most I have talked in a very long time. Now, little wolf, tell me who you are because I am quite curious now."

I took a deep breath. Who am I? It's a tricky question because I could lie to him and hide what I'm really running from. Finn, however, put all of his cards on the table and told me who he truly is so I should do the same, right?

You're also a very bad liar. My wolf said, causing me to frown because she's right.

"I'm Jamie Hayes. Daughter of Chance and Bailey Hayes of the Black Wolves Pack. The Heir to the pack. I'm the next Alpha."