sixteen

JACE

Lion and I were sitting by the computer, writing down the coordinates that were on the board. We only had two more numbers to write before the computer crashed. I stood from my seat and screamed. "No! Please tell me you remember the last number!"

I turned to Lion who was pressing a few buttons on the keyboard and staring at the screen blindly. "I was hoping you did. This is why your uncle doesn't use these systems anymore. They are old and constantly crash. He keeps meaning to get updated versions but something else always comes up that needs his money. Maybe we can work with what we have. We now know the general area, we just don't know the exact spot. We can snoop around this weekend in hopes of finding any clues."

I sat back in the chair and ran a hand down my face. I was beyond frustrated. I was so close and fate just had to ruin it, again. "This is so annoying. What if she's hurt? What if they are forcing her to stay there? If she's going to run away, why would she run away to a place that's only twenty minutes away? It doesn't make sense."

Lion shook his head, disagreeing with me. "If she were to be held captive by someone, they wouldn't have let her call you. I don't think she's hurt. She would've given you some clues when she was on the phone with you. Also, she isn't dumb. She must be there for a reason. It's possible she's with a friend or maybe her mate?"

I thought about what Lion is saying. It could be possible that she found her mate but then why wouldn't she come back? If her mate isn't an Alpha, she could come back and they both rule over the pack, unless he is an Alpha. "Hypothetically, if she was with her mate, why wouldn't she come back? They would both rule over the pack together and no male wolf would truly turn that down, aside from me. However, what if he's an Alpha? It's possible that he won't let her come back. There's no pack in history that has been ruled by two Alpha's."

Lion sat back in his chair and sighed loudly. "But if she's twenty minutes away from us, if these coordinates are actually correct, which pack would it be? The only packs around here are your father and your uncle's. The only other pack that was around here was the pack that was wiped out by hunters years ago. There's no other pack around here for miles."

What I was about to say might sound insane but it's possible that it might be true. "What if the pack is still here?"

Lion's eyes widened. "J, no you're reaching for something that isn't there."

"Here me out, Li. What if the pack was never truly wiped out completely like everyone thought it was. What was the packs name again? The White Knights Pack? I think it was. My dad has some history on packs in our basement. Maybe we can find more on them."

"And what if we find nothing? What if the pack was truly wiped out, completely? What happens then?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Then we are back at square one. I'm not going to get my hopes up about this. I just think if we look into this pack a little more than just the stories we are told, it might put my mind at ease some more."

Lion stood from his chair and nodded his head toward the door. "Well, let's getting going then."

***

Later that evening, after everyone had gone to bed, Lion and I snuck down into the basement to read some of dad's old documents. These documents were sacred and passed down from each of the Alpha's and Luna's in my pack. Dad was pretty strict about who went down here because he didn't want things to get stolen, lost, or damaged, which is understandable. If he knew I was down here, I don't think I would ever see the light of day again.

"We have to be quiet. My dad will kill us both if he finds out that we came down here without him."

Lion nodded and went over to the shelf labeled packs. There were treaties that were signed centuries ago, names and phone numbers, and everything you would ever need to know about a pack and allies. "I might have found something."

I walked over to Lion who was pulling out a couple of folders from the shelf with packs name on it. We opened and it found the history of the pack and how they were allies with us. The pack was run by a man and a woman who had two kids. Ten years ago, the pack went to war with the hunters and the pack was wiped out completely, or so I thought.

"Lion, you're reading this too, right"

Everyone's name was in the folder who was at the pack during the time of the fight. It also gives a location of where they were buried, most were buried at the pack and some were buried at their old packs, before getting initiated to the White Knights Pack.

Lion flipped through the papers and kept going back to the first page. "It says that the two sons were never identified."

I read over the articles and the paperwork. "So, is it possible that I'm not crazy?"

Lion shut the folder and sighed. "It's possible that your theory of the pack still being here is not crazy."

We put everything back where we found it and shut off the light, heading back upstairs to my room. When we got there, Lion sat on the couch in my room and I sat down on my bed.
"What if Finn and Grayson are still alive?"

"It's possible, but I do still feel like this is a reach."

"Just think about it, if they did survive, Finn would be around Jamie's age, a little older, and it's possible that he could be her mate."

Lion shook his head. "The only way to find out, is to go there."

"Go where?"

Lion sighed. "Go to where the pack used to be. If there is a chance that they are still alive, they would most likely still be there."

I thought about what Lion was saying and I didn't hate the idea. "Alright, this weekend, we go and find our answers."