eleven

JAMIE

Things between Finn and I were weird. I know that he wants to be full mates with me so that we can merge our packs together and both be Alpha's Finn wants me to take my place as Alpha of my pack but I can't do it, not to Jace. Things were weird because we were having casual sex. Sawyer's words were bouncing around in my head. Did Finn know that this was causal?

Hearing Finn's thoughts every once in a while, was also very weird. You usually can only hear your mates thoughts after you are fully mated. Was it because we both have Alpha blood running through our veins? Or was it something more than that? I wish Simon was here, he could probably figure this out.

Yesterday with Finn was really weird. How many times can I use the word weird? After meeting his wolf, Zeus, I felt closer to him, closer then when we have sex with each other. Was I making a mistake? Should I leave and never come back? I wasn't supposed to stop here. There are so many things that I don't even know about Finn, things he doesn't even know about me.

And what about Lion? I feel like I am breaking his heart without him even knowing. We were friends with benefits for a little while, something Jace didn't even know. Lion caught feelings for me and I cut everything off. I didn't want anything serous, just something casual.

Finn has so many secrets, especially ones that have to do with the wolf hunters. Sawyer and Grayson also seem to know some secrets to, possibly about Finn? I need to do some snooping.

"You are deep in thought, little wolf." Finn's voice startled me. I was sitting by the pool. When Finn and I were getting to know each other, he learned about my lack of knowledge of knowing how to swim. He somehow convinced me to teach me how to swim.

"I was just waiting for you, thinking of my family and the choices that I have made this past month."

Finn walked over to me and sat down next to me, putting his legs in the water like mine are. "Like what?"

I shook my head, not really wanting to get into this stuff with him, especially if I won't be staying. "Nothing important."

Finn kicked some water at me. "You can tell me, we are mates. How about we make this swimming lesson fun? Question for a question?"

"We need some boundaries then."

"No boundaries. These are raw questions." He said, standing and walking down the steps into the pool.

"Fine, you first though."

I followed behind Finn and stood at the shallow end of the pool. The water came up to my belly button. My anxiety started appearing and I think Finn noticed, or felt it. He walked over to me and held out his hand for me to take. I took it and grasped it tightly. He stood beside me, letting me stay in the shallow end.

"Why won't you take your rightful place as Alpha?"

Finn took a few steps forward in the pool and I followed close behind him, stopping when I felt my heart begin to race a bit. "I told you. My brother wants to be Alpha and I didn't want to take that away from him. Because of this whole situation, my relationship with my brothers and father have been a bit rocky."

"But it's something you want so why not just do it?"

I let go of Finn's hand and stopped walking once the water was halfway up my abdomen. "One question each. It's my turn. Sawyer mentioned something to me, that you had your heart broken twice. I can imagine that one of those times was when the hunters killed your family. Who was the second? Was it a girl?"