nineteen

JAMIE 

I was waiting for Grayson to get ready. Him and I were going to the mall so that he could get more clothes and so that I could get some clothes and an outfit for tonight's date with Finn. This is the first time I've been out since I left my pack a few months ago. Finn is very strict about who can leave the pack and what they wear. I'm wearing a blonde wig, something he had in the storage room of the pack where he keeps the other disguises. I also put in some colored contacts and picked a random shirt and shorts to wear. Grayson was wearing a baseball cap and colored contacts as well. I felt as though this could be a little extreme but Finn was cautious and didn't want anyone to recognize him or me. So, I sucked it up and agreed to wearing this.

"Are you ready?" I asked Gray when I saw him come down the steps.

"Yes, the cars in the garage. I can't drive yet. Finn says I can get my license once we beat the hunters. I'm hoping this plan happens soon because I want to drive and see the outside world."

It never occurred to me that the children in this pack never get to see the outside world, until now. Finn was old enough to know what everything was like before his pack was attacked but Grayson was young and innocent. For Grayson and the children of this packs sake, I hope we go to war with the hunters soon so that we can put this behind us and drop our walls.

I followed Grayson into the garage and he threw me a pair of keys from the rack hanging by the door. "This is for the truck over there."

We went over to the black Chevy with all tinted windows and got in. I started the car and put the AC on. Grayson turned on the radio and soft music played in the background. I put the nearest mall into my phone and let google maps take me there. The ride was silent but comfortable. It wasn't an awkward silence. When we got to the mall, I got a text message from Finn

Finn: Did you make it there okay?

Jamie: Yes, we just parked the car. I'll text you when we are leaving.

After sending that, I put my phone away and looked over at Gray, who was smirking.

"What?" I asked, walking side by side with him. If anything, he really did look like my little brother right now.

"You have been gone for a total of ten minutes and he's already texting you. He didn't even text his own brother. You got him wrapped around your little finger."

Grayson walked ahead of me a little bit, leaving me dumbfounded. I didn't comment, not wanting to get into it with Grayson and have him prove me wrong.

When I caught up to him, I asked him where he wanted to go first. "Doesn't matter to me. I just need a few more pairs of sweatpants, jeans, shirts, and a new pair of shoes."

"Okay, let's go."

Grayson and I went into multiple stores. We bought new clothes and two pairs of shoes for him. He also got a new phone case for his phone, a new hat, and watch. I also bought some things that I would need as well like bras, underwear, socks, shirts, pants, shorts, and pajamas. I bought a new pair of sneakers and some flip flops too. Every store we went into, I didn't see anything that I would like to wear tonight. Finn said to wear something fancy. I haven't found a dress that I truly liked.

"Are you ever going to fine an outfit for tonight with my brother?" Grayson and I were carrying many bags and I could tell his arms were getting tired and he was tired of walking. My right arm was going numb from the pressure of the handles of the bags on my wrist.

"There's one more store we haven't looked at. They are a little expensive so I will just have to see if it's in my budget."

Gray rolled his eyes. "How many times do I have to remind you? We have Finn's black card. Everything is on him tonight."

I blushed, feeling bad enough that Finn paid for half of the things I bought. I used my own money for most of it but Grayson convinced me to let Finn treat me. Grayson and I went into the last store of the night. It was a small store that looked like celebrities would shop at. I already knew the prices were going to be high so that's why I immediately beelined it for the clearance rack. The clearance rack was everything from last year but it was still beautiful and something Finn wouldn't even notice.

"You can sit down by the dressing room right there. There's chairs. I'll be over in a few seconds."

Grayson nodded and I watched him sit in the plush chair, dropping the bags dramatically in front of him. He laid his head back and took a deep breath. I chuckled, suddenly getting reminded of my own brothers and sister. How were Jace, Benny and Lily? Are they okay? How's school going for them? For that split second, I felt a pull at my heartstrings and missed my family and home greatly.

Shaking my head from my thoughts, I picked up a few dresses that I thought I was like, were in my budget, and my size.

"I'll be right out. I'm just going to try on these three dresses really quick."

The first dress I tried on was navy blue. It was almost backless expect for the small straps that crisscrossed in the back. It flowed down to my ankles, hugging my chest and waist. It dipped low in the front, exposing a lot of cleavage. There were also two slits that went down the sides, exposing my legs up to my thighs. This dress made me feel beautiful and powerful.

The second dress was black was. This one also hugged my dress and waist. The front didn't dip as low but it still pushed my boobs up. There was a high slit on the right side, exposing my right leg and thigh. It was elegant and really pretty but also the most expensive of the three that I chose.

The final dress was dark red and my absolute favorite. This one also had a split on the right side, exposing my right leg and thigh. It was backless and the back dripped low. It was more modest in the front but still left enough to keep Finn guessing what would be underneath, and that would be nothing. Since the dress was backless, I couldn't wear a bra. It had built in cups but my panty line could clearly be seen through the dress so I would be going commando underneath.

I took the final dress off and dressed quickly back into my regular clothes. I put the other two dresses back on the rack and went out to Grayson. "Did you find one?" He asked me.

"Yes, it's perfect. Let's go check out and then we can go home."

Grayson followed me to the register and I handed the dress to the woman behind the counter. "There's a pair of matching heels that go perfect with this dress. It's also on clearance and they're cheaper than the dress if you were interested."

I looked over at Grayson and he nodded his head. "Sure, I'll take them in a size eight please."

The woman excused herself and went to grab the dark red heels to match. When she came back, I handed her my card and Finn's card to split the bill. Once everything was paid for, I thanked her and walked outside with Grayson.

As we were walking the car, a familiar smell hit my nose. I almost stopped breathing and my wolf went on high alert. I think Grayson noticed the change in the air and began to worry, asking me if I was okay. Grayson's voice began to fade in the background as I felt my heart beating extremely fast because there he was, standing directly in front of me with the same look of shock and confusion on his face.

Jace.