15. Stockroom

It's been three days since I had spoken to Tyler.

I decided to unblock him again, just in case.

I kept my eyes on our text conversation, sighing as I deleted the stupid text I was about to send him. He was probably over me by now; he had who knows how many girls to get get his mind straight.

Just then, a customer walked in.

I put my phone back into my pocket as I smiled.

"Where's your jazz section?" the tall boy spoke, he had a buzz cut but a very model-esque look to him.

"Far right," I pointed.

He nodded as he made his way back. I thought about the time Tyler would skim through the jazz section when he'd come in to talk to me.

"Are you new around here? I don't think I've seen you," I asked, trying to make some kind of conversation. I was boring myself to death.

"Uh, yeah, I'm from the bay area. Visiting some friends, you know how it is."

I nodded.

I bit my lip as I watched his face intently look through some records.

"So you're not staying for long huh?" I asked again.

He turned to look at me from across the empty store, a slight smile forming on his lips.

"Nah, which is why I'm trying to make the most of it,"  he eyed me before he continued at the Jazz section.

"I like that shirt."

"Just say you're trying to flirt with me and it'll  be a lot less awkward," he chuckled, walking over.

I felt my cheeks heat up.

He put the two records in front of me.

"Oh shit, this is the same record my...never mind," I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Your ex?"

"Something like that."

"Oh shit, y'all break up recently?"

"Um, yeah. It's not a big deal though," I began to check out the records, "Hmm, this was doesn't have a tag on it. Let me go see if there's another one."

He nodded as I made my way to where he had gotten the item. I inspected the section, but I couldn't find another.

"Did you grab it from over here?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah," he walked over, "From here."

I looked through where he pointed but there wasn't any left.

"Don't worry about about it. It's cool."

I turned to look up at him, he was Tyler's height. I didn't realize how long I was staring at him before he spoke again.

"Do I remind you of him or something?" He laughed.

I looked away.

"Fuck, I'm sorry. It's the height."

"You know, if you wanna get your mind off him..." he got closer.

My heart beat faster as I realized what he was alluding to. I hesitantly took his neck in my hands as I pulled him closer, our lips slightly grazing before kissing.

I let myself fall into him as we both closed the gap between us. We kissed faster and harder. I could feel myself beginning to heat up. I hastily began walking backwards into the stockroom without letting him go; feeling my way back.

I opened up the stockroom door as I pushed him in, shutting the door as he slammed me up against it. I pulled on the ceiling string which turned on a dim light.

We began to feel each other up ravenously, my hands trailing all over him. He reached down into my pants as I moaned into his chest, my head falling back. He began to unbuckle his jeans as I reached over to feel on his bulge. He kissed my neck—immediately my mind darted to the feeling of Tyler kissing my neck; his preferred method of turning me on.

I cursed as I caught myself thinking about him.

"What's wrong?" He breathed.

"Nothing. What did you say your name was?"

"Reece."

"Nadine, nice to meet you," I chuckled, before he kissed me again.

I pulled down on his pants, wanting to feel him. He smirked.

"Hello?! Nadine?!"

"Shit! Shit shit shit," I cursed as I pulled my pants back up, adjusting my shirt.

"Who the fuck is that?"

"My boss! Fuck I forgot she was coming back," I whispered.

He quickly adjusted his pants as I sighed.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry."

He laughed.

"This is so fucking crazy."

"You've never done it with a complete stranger in a stockroom?"

"It's a first."

I smiled as I opened the door slightly, sliding through as I fixed my hair.

"Hey, I didn't know you'd be back so soon."

"Where were you?"

"I was looking for some merchandise in the stockroom," I moved in front of her as I realize Reece was opening the stock door, "Uh, we were out of some stuff in the jazz section! Should I place an order for more stuff?"

She nodded.

"Let me check the back and see."

I watched as Reece slyly made his way through, acting like he was looking through some stuff.

I went over to the cash register as he followed behind me.

I finished ringing him up quickly.

"Here, sign this."

I passed him his receipt.

"It's on me," I smiled.

He wrote down his number.

"Call me and we can can finish before I leave," he gave me back the paper.

"I will. And sorry...again."

I watched him leave as I caught my breath, my eyes shifting down at the receipt. I threw it in my pocket—I couldn't believe I had just done that.