32. Obsession

Another two weeks flew by.

I was at the grocery store grabbing some stuff for my mom when I noticed someone in the self checkout line that resembled him.

I walked up behind him, he was the same height; he had on a cap and sweats.

"Ty—," the stranger turned around, it wasn't him. "Sorry, I thought you were someone.."

I smiled lightly as I backed away.

I sighed as I got back in line.

It was so fucked up that I was constantly thinking about him.

Everyday, every minute. I didn't realize how obsessed I had become until I noticed myself trying to look for him everywhere I went subconsciously, in hopes that he'd be there.

There was no one that had ever made me feel like this—it scared me when I caught myself.

Fuck.

I told my mom that Tyler had gone on a business trip—she'd been asking where he'd been, and I always avoided it.

Frank was out with family during the school break—I was all alone again.

...

"Okay so, the camera moves that way and you set it on the actor like this. See that?"

I nodded.

I was shadowing the director that Mr. Anderson has set me up with. He was less known, but nevertheless he had big movies under his belt.

I watched his every move, taking in everything like a sponge.

He taught me some tricks behind the camera and how to come up with unique shots. He also told me how to talk to the actors and tell them what they should improve on, and so on.

After it was over, I mingled around and was able to gain a few more contacts—from production designers, to stylists, to a few investors. 

It was great, but I still felt a weight on my back. Tyler lingered over new like a dark cloud.

"Nadine! Before you leave I'm hosting a party tonight. It's  just to get everyone that's working on this project together to thank them for everything so far. If you're able to come I think it'd be a great experience!" He smiled.

"I'd love to. Thank you again, for all of this."

"Of course!"

I said my goodbyes to him and his wife and left.

...

I got ready to leave as I applied a little more gloss. I wore another dress I had bought with the money I'd been saving up. I figured it would be good to splurge on dresses since these fancy events were becoming more and more reoccurring.

The emerald dress hug around my curves tightly as I adjusted the straps again.

The uber picked me up.

Usually Tyler would take me to these parties in his luxury cars—but shit, my fucked up car only made me feel like I didn't even belong there.

It was embarrassing—the uber was good enough.

I got out, fixing my curls as I made my way inside.

I walk to the bar, my go to as I adjusted my nerves.

The director and his wife noticed me, coming over.

"Nadine! you made it!" his wife hugged me.

"Of course! your place is beautiful."