Digimon Tamers

Characters:

- Matsuda Takato 松田 啓人
(DigiPartner: Guilmon)
(Evolution: Guilmon / Growlmon / MegaloGrowlmon / Dukemon)

- Lee Jenrya 李健良
(DigiPartner: Terriermon)
(Evolution: Terriermon / Galgomon / Rapidmon / SaintGalgomon)

- Makino Ruki 牧野 留姫
(DigiPartner: Renamon)
(Evolution: Renamon / Kyubimon / Taomon / Sakuyamon)

Plot:

Matsuda Takato, a fan of the Digimon card game, finds a Blue Card, which transforms his card reader into a D-Power. His original Digimon creation, Guilmon, materializes into real life when his D-Power scans his drawings.

Takato meets Lee Jenrya and Makino Ruki, two other children who are partnered with Terriermon and Renamon, as well as Calumon and Impmon. As wild Digimon began roaming Shinjuku, the Tamers defeat them and defend the city. Using their D-Powers, the Tamers can Digi-modify through scanning cards or help them Digivolve.

After each Digimon is defeated, their Digimon obtains their data. Hypnos leader Mitsuo Yamaki attempts to send Digimon back to the Digital World. The Tamers began working together with Hypnos when the Devas invade the Real World. Calumon is captured, and the Tamers enter the Digital World to save him.

When Impmon betrays the Tamers and kills Leomon, Jeri Kato falls into depression. After resolving conflicts with the Digimon Sovereigns, the Tamers learn that the Digimon are protecting themselves from humans and the Real World after the Digital World is invaded by the D-Reaper, a rogue clean-up program.

As the Tamers return to the Real World, the D-Reaper kidnaps Jeri, manipulating and trapping her inside the body. When the D-Reaper begins to materialize in the Real World, the Tamers defeat it, using the program and saving Jeri. With both worlds restored, the children are forced to say goodbye to their Digimon partners, when they end up returning to the Digital World by the effects of the program. The series ends with Takato discovering the portal in the tunnel under his hiding place.

 The series ends with Takato discovering the portal in the tunnel under his hiding place

Personal Rating: 8/10