Ao Haru Ride

Characters:

- Yoshioka Futaba 吉岡 双葉 
- Tanaka/Mabuchi Kou 田中 /馬渕 洸
- Murao Shuko 村尾 修子
- Makita Yuri 槙田 悠里
- Kominato Aya 小湊 亜耶

Plot:

Futaba Yoshioka is a 17-year-old high school student who feels the need to fit with her female friends by acting brash due to a history her female classmates feeling jealous of her femininity and ostracizing her, and as a result, she feels her life is uninteresting. One day, she reunites with Kou Tanaka, her first love who had previously moved to Nagasaki in middle school.

Kou, who now uses the surname "Mabuchi", has become a completely different person than she knew back then, as he is now cold and indifferent. When the new school year starts, Futaba decides to make a positive change for herself and volunteer to become the class representative. She is joined by Kou and her classmates, Yuri Makita, Shuko Murao, and Aya Kominato, who all form a bond together.

Futaba learns that Kou's mother had died after he moved away, and as she helps him process his grief, she falls in love with the person he is now. However, just when Kou is about to move on from his past, Yui Narumi, his friend from Nagasaki, moves to his town, and he stays with her to help her through her father's death.

When Futaba realizes that she cannot change Kou, she decides to move on. When she begins a relationship with Toma Kikuchi, Kou realizes that his relationship with Yui is holding him back and preventing him from accepting positive changes in his life. After he removes himself for good, he begins actively pursuing Futaba. Futaba's lingering feelings for him complicates her relationship with Toma, and they amicably break up.

During Christmas, Futaba agrees to meet Kou in the same place where they promised to meet years before until his transfer, but it is cut short when Kou is involved in a minor accident. At the hospital, Futaba and Kou admit to each other that they are in love.

At the end of the series, the two, along with their friends, move on with their lives as they establish new relationships and accept new changes within each other. Kou reverts his surname back to Tanaka, and Futaba believes that something interesting has finally started for her.

 Kou reverts his surname back to Tanaka, and Futaba believes that something interesting has finally started for her

Personal Rating: 8/10