FIVE; A Formal Introduction

It had been a month since Shaylee and Michael met that evening in town

It had been a month since Shaylee and Michael met that evening in town. Since then, the couple has since found their special meeting spot. They've been meeting in the woods for secret rendezvous since discovering it.

Michael and Shaylee looked at the breathtaking view from the highest tree in the forest.
The Pacific Northwest was famous for its beautiful nature, and people definitely sleep

The long and seemingly endless stream was satisfying and made each moment calming.

"I've seen many views in my time, but none like this." Shaylee's smile never dropped. "This is incredible."

The view continued to amaze. That was until a surprising sentence left his mouth.

Even though Shaylee and Michael have been in a secret relationship for just over a month to keep the Mikaelson's and Cullen's at ease, she didn't feel like it was the right timing.

"I want you to properly meet my family." Michael blurted out, completely catching Shaylee off guard.

"You're kidding," she smirked as she looked him in the eye, "right?"

"No, I'm not kidding." He said sternly, yet playful as always.

"I already met them. Very lovely people." Shaylee would find any excuse to not return to them after the embarrassing encounter she previously had with the Cullen clan.

"They haven't seen the side of you that I know. Last time you met them, Emmett killed you... but didn't and we are together now. I want you to meet them properly."

"I'm sorry, but don't think they'll enjoy an originals company," Shaylee said, putting her head down in shame. Shaylee began to doubt whether or not she was good enough for Michael. He deserved someone who was humiliated to meet his wonderful family.

"The forbidden love thing was fun for a while, but I really want to be exclusive with you." He confessed, which further broke Shaylee's heart.

"Then they can endure it. I want our families at least to know about us now." He passively declared.

"Are you sure it's the right timing?" She asked, again finding excuses.

Despite Shaylee's status and power, she was extremely shy when it came to meeting people. For as long as Shaylee had lived, she had never had a proper relationship mostly out of fear of her brothers' reaction. Shaylee had had few relationships in her time, and those relationships always ended in death or exile at the hands of her older brothers.

Forbidden love was something that Shaylee had dealt with for thousands of years, but now that Elijah wants to live a normal life, he had to understand that love was normal.