11シスター

【ザウィークフィアハピネスイツェルフ】

"The weak fear happiness itself."

Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human 

It hurts.

Her head felt it would burst with that throbbing sensation from her headache. Opening her eyes, the female was able to see reality once more. Next to her laid a resting Yona. Her eyes were swollen red while her eyebrows were furrowed.

"You're going to get wrinkles if you frown a lot." Kanna's voice made Yona jolt up. Yona's eyes became teary as she whined. "You were asleep for two days and and I was worried you wouldn't open your eyes like father and..."

Yona gasped in surprised.

Kanna pulled her sister into a hug, for the first time throughout their entire life together. It felt warm. "I won't be dying anytime soon." Placing her chin on top of Yona's head-she tried her best to comfort Yona. "Now could you tell me what happened while I was asleep?"

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

It took a while but Yona told Kanna everything that happened. To the river getting dried up by the Fire tribe, Hak's younger brother having an attack due to the illness, the merchants getting injured; all because Son Mundok wouldn't accept Suwon as the new king.

"I want to do something. I want to help them, Kanna." Yona felt helpless, on top of that guilty. Suwon is to ascend to the throne if all tribes approve. Every tribe except the Wind tribe approved. To make Mundok approve, they're pressuring him to choose between the sake of his people or his decision.

"It'll be okay, Yona. Believe me." During Kanna's slumber, she was able to see the future. She saw who was the cause of the merchants' injuries and Hak and Yona falling down a cliff. Thing is though, they survived the fall. Kanna then saw how her journey will unfold later on. 'She'll be okay without me.' Kanna thought.

The morning sun was beginning to rise soon, and soon Hak will try to leave Yona behind. "Then shall we leave with Hak?" Kanna said, before asking Yona to help her walk.

As they walked in the hallway, they saw Tae Yeon getting pat on the head in front of the window.

"Tae Yeon?" The small boy flinched when Yona said his name. His eyes were wet with tears that dared to come out. "Was that Hak?" Blinking away his tears, he smiled cheerfully. "Yeah...What's going on with you, Lina? Oh, I see your sister's awake!"

Kanna showed a soft smile at the boy. "I heard you were the one that took care of me while I was sick...Thank you for that." Patting the boy's head, he snuzzled in her hand. "No problem, miss!" "Thank you for everything, Tae Yeon."

Without hesitation, Yona kneeled on the ground and bowed. "Thank you for giving me such a warm meal, for wiping away my tears, for cheering me up, for taking care of my sister...Thank you for your hospitality." Kanna felt the boy's cheeks going down as his smile turning into a frown. "I thought you would stay here forever." Tae Yeon shoved Kanna's hand away and pulled down his hat. "I understand...but..."

The small boy cried quietly. The twin sisters felt their kind affections which warmed their hearts. "It's okay. We'll see each other again." They both hugged the boy. It was warm and comfortable. "Take care of yourself. I wish you be well."

That was the last thing before the two left to find Hak.

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

The two then found Hak; he was ready to leave with his weapons already bought and ready.

"Don't you think it's cruel sister that our loyal servant was about to leave us?" Hak scoffed when he heard Kanna's voice. "Glad to know you're up Your Highness." The twin wasn't listening though. Her attention was toward Taewoo. "You're cute, do you want a princess as your girl?" The sudden flirtatious Kanna made everyone baffled. "Should I?" Taewoo joked. It was the start of a new friendship.

Ignoring her sister, Yona spoke with confidence. "I'm leaving this place with Kanna. Come with me, Hak." Hak smiled at Yona's determination. "Why leave such a warm place?" Yona didn't flinch. "Staying here would only make the capital of Fuga be drawn into disputes." "Go away. I've already explained it to the elder. This place is safe so live your life peacefully." Hak cut her off, it was a war between two stubborn people.

"I don't recall approving you to leave alone. You said to use you, so let me use you." Yona argued back. "I gave back the name. "Son". That means I'm no longer a general or your servant." While the two were arguing, Kanna was whispering information about Hak to Taewoo. Mostly about his one-sided love with Yona. "I'm not obligated to take any more orders from you now that I'm a free man. Keep quiet then Suwon won't bother you both." Turning around to leave, Yona then walked in front of him.

"You are ordered to take us both along with you." Yona demanded. "If we do leave together, then how will you repay me? Leaving together means protecting two nuisances as well as myself. Do you think you can pay me what my work is worth?"

Pausing his sentence, Hak suddenly takes Yona's arm to pull her toward him. "Will you pay me with your body?" He asks while smirking.

"Do that to me, Taewoo." "No."

Yona frowned at his words. "I have nothing to repay you with..." The male nodded before letting go of Yona's arm. "Very perceptive. Now go back." He was leaving without hesitation. Thinking it might truly be their last time together, Yona shouted.

"But I want you! Give yourself to me!" Hak then blushed from Yona's straightforward answer.

"Want me to do that to you, Taewoo?" Kanna whispered, wiggling her eyebrows weirdly. "No thanks."

Hak sighed in frustration, ruffling his hair. "Crap, you're both annoying...Alright you win." Hak fortunately gave up, but that didn't excuse his actions toward Yona.

"HAK..." It was the voice of Mundok. "How dare you insult Princess Yona and for Taewoo to flirt with Princess Kanna..." The two yelled in confusion.

A huge bloodbath was about to happen, but Kanna was able to stop it in time. "Son Mundok, I'm thankful toward your tribe and you for taking care of me while I was ill." Mundok let out a hoarse laugh. "You don't have to be so formal Princess Kanna. You both are like grandchildren to me."

Mundok who was as warm and caring like his people. Smiling softly, Mundok hugged the two tightly. "Please don't forget that if one day you need help, the Wind tribe will take your side no matter the enemy."

To be continued