~9~

Quick Reminder: Vote and Comment please💕

Thoughts continued to consume my head as my sobs got louder

I wasn't even crying over the fact that he was so rude to me, it was the fact that I had gotten my hopes up knowing how he was. I basically set myself up to get hurt by him.

"Are you okay in there?" I heard two voices say together. I guess my sobs were louder than I actually thought.

I wiped my tears, and blew out a breath before opening the door, meeting them face to face. I plastered a smile on my face before responding.

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"Are you sure" they said together again. You could tell they were identical twins, they looked exactly the same.

"Yeah I'm sure" I smiled "if you don't mind me asking, who are you?"

They both laughed before one of them responded "I'm Alayna, and this is my twin sister Alana. We're new to the school this year"

Alana on the right, Alayna on the left

"Oh well it's nice to meet you guys" I gave a slight smile "I'm Skye"

"You too, we don't really have many friends. Just each other" Alana said

"Aww well I can introduce you to my friends"

"Really? We'd really appreciate that...we kinda struggle making friends and we just can't figure out why"

"Of course, but I kinda have to get back to class now, so I'll see you guys later"

"Bye!" They both said together. I have a feeling that's a habit for them.

After wiping my eyes again to make sure my face was free of tears, I went back in the classroom and acted as if nothing happened. I refuse to let Marcus know that he had that much of an effect on me. I just know he'd use it to his advantage.

"Look Skye -"

"Just" I paused for a second "just don't say anything to me Marcus. I don't know why I expected anything more from you, but we're done with the project now meaning we have no reason to communicate anymore"

"But-"

"And don't forget to delete my number from your phone. There's no reason you'll be needing that anymore" His facial expression went from kind of hurt to an unreadable expression quickly. He's probably still trying to play with my feelings but I refuse to let him get to me anymore

It took all the strength in me to stand up to him like that because there's a small part of me that's developed feelings for him. I hate to admit it, but even though he's a jerk he has somewhat of a good side to him that has pulled me in.

I'd never admit that to anyone though. I can barely admit it to myself

The rest of the class time consisted of my in my own world, listening to my Jhene Aiko playlist, and working on my essay.

I'm on the final paragraph of my essay, and I'm pretty confident that I got an A on it. I described how each element connected to my theme until I couldn't anymore.

After the bell rang I headed to my locker to grab my books for my class after lunch so that I wouldn't have to come back to my locker later on.

On my way to my locker I ran into Yeri who told me she wouldn't be coming up to lunch because she had something to do for the principal or something like that.

I walked up to the lunchroom and saw Aaron at the table, motioning for me to come over and sit next to him. A smile formed on my face as I felt some of the feelings I had for Aaron come to the surface.

If Marcus can act like nothing ever happened then so can I.

Taylor told me that Aaron was planning on using me,but I couldn't see him doing that. Just in case though, I was careful around him.

"Hey" I smiled and set my bookbag down

"Hey,now about our date" he started, but after Taylor told me that she heard he was trying to use me, I became a little skeptical. I honestly wasn't in the mood to go on a date anymore, I'm emotionally drained at this point.

With all these thoughts going through my head, I found myself resting my head on Aaron's shoulder. I was interrupted when I felt like a pair of eyes were looking at me.

I looked around and I noticed Marcus looking at me, but when he saw that I noticed he quickly looked away. I shrugged it off, and went back to resting my head on his shoulder.

"Skye, can I um talk to you about something about the project please" Marcus said, I didn't even notice him make his way to my table but he was standing next to me.

"I'd rather not" I said biting into my fry, head still rested on Aaron's Shoulder.

"It'll be quick, I uh just have a question"

"Fine" I said throwing my fry onto my plate. "I'll be back guys" they all responded with a nod before I left

Me and Marcus walked out of the lunchroom, so that we could hear each other better. After we were in the hallway, he remained silent like he's not the one who asked me out here. I scoffed and turned around to walk back in but I was stopped by him grabbing my arm, and turning me around sending another jolt of electricity through my body.

"I don't want you seeing Aaron anymore"

"Excuse me?" I rolled my neck "who are you to tell me who you want me hanging out with? Last time I checked you were ignoring me and last time I checked we're certainly not dating. We're not even friends Marcus so why are you worried about me? After we had such a good day yesterday you came back here treating me like I've done something to you which I never have! But I knew you were a jerk to begin with. I shouldn't have let you get to me in the first place so that's my bad. Just stay out my li—" I was cut off my Marcus attaching his lips to mine. We reached the point that we never got to yesterday. As much as I wanted to fight it, I wanted this and I kissed him back. It felt right, but I knew it wasn't. Marcus doesn't care about anybody but himself, and I can't get too attached. So I pulled away.

"We-we can't do this Marcus"

A/N
Yayyy they finally kissed! Y'all can stop attacking me now🙃idk when they'll actually be together but hopefully y'all can live off of this for now.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope y'all enjoyed! Don't forget to vote, comment, and all that Jazz🥳