Day 21

"I met her on the... mountain, there I took her life..... Met her on the mountain... stabbed her with my knife...." Trev's voice echoed overlapping with the music system as I entered the house after my run.

The laugh burst out of me before I could stop. He listened to the weirdest songs.

"Come here!" He shouted from the kitchen.

I paused the stereo that was asking some Tom to hang and went to the kitchen.

"What song was that? Why must he die?" I asked as I took a bite of the cucumber from the table.

Trev laughed. "It's an exemplary song. You should listen. I heard it at Joel's last night and I can't seem to get it out of my mind."

"No, thanks. Why did you call me?"

I avoided looking at him. That was a thing now. I was sweaty and tired after my run. He would look fresh like a freaking flower and I would be hell bent struggling to keep my eyes away from his face.

"I'm having some friends over for lunch tomorrow. Do you have any plans?"

"I'm out. I have my first real life practical assessment on Monday." I finished the cucumber and looked for something else to occupy me.

"We won't make any noise."

"That's alright. I'm going to the library." I picked an apple and left the kitchen.

"Hey, put back the song."

"Use the remote." I called from the top of the stairs.

"My hands are wet."

"Mine too." I shouted back before shutting my door.

We had settled into a very comfortable routine. There were a few new things I learnt about Trev.

1. He wasn't a morning person. It had nothing to do with his insomnia. He simply refused to get out of the bed before eight.

I usually left home for uni at six thirty. When Trev heard that, he changed his plan. He found out that walking through the park in our neighborhood was a short cut and reduced the three miles to two. He let me off the hook from his chauffeur duty.

2. He was an amazing cook. Amaahzing. Nothing was meh.

On a good day, I was a below average cook. On a bad day, a horrible one. Since he wouldn't get up early in the mornings, I made breakfast for both of us. Whatever I made, he ate it without a single complaint.

Dinner though, he rocked. He made sure there was always a hot meal for dinner. The fridge was stocked with prepped food for emergencies. I happily stopped buying canned food and pre cooked frozen meals and helped him in dish washing. He hated that part.

3. He listened to music a lot, like a lot, lot. Not on headphones. No, it had to be in surround sound, filling the whole house. At first I was irritated but then I got used to it. It put a smile on my face when he sang along.

4. The only way to win an argument with him was to use his reasons against him. Like my wet hands.

Yeah, I was winning a few arguments here and there.

5. He was so fucking hot in swim trunks. Thankfully, I was in my bedroom when I witnessed it. He was in our neighbor's pool. How he got there? I had no clue. But fuck, I was glad he did. He had the narrowest hip that highlighted his broadening shoulders and long legs. I almost touched myself watching him that day.

Semi hard on was my normal state these days when I was around him. Even a smile from him could put my body in overdrive. I just made sure I wore extra long shirts or had a book to cover myself.