Day 125

"Do you know what time it is?" Harry snapped, his voice sounded groggy. He must have been sleeping. I laid on the bed letting the phone rest on my cheek.

"I need to confess."

"Asshole! Pick a church. I need to sleep. It's fucking late and I've a conference tomorrow."

After his mechanical engineering under grad degree, he found a job, not worrying about masters. Now, he earned well and travelled the world in his company's expense.

"Still in Dubai?" I asked.

"Yes, next stop, Tokyo. How was your license exam?"

"Ask me after I get the results."

"When will you know?"

"Another week at the most."

"Don't worry."

"It's not even in my mind right now."

"Wow, that's all you could talk about last week. What changed?"

"I told you! Something happened!"

"Oh, confession. Spit it out."

"I have become the creepiest, Harry. I did something bad. Super bad."

"Trev?"

"Yeah. This morning, he was in the pool deck of our neighbor's, in his speedo, spread out like a meal to be devoured. He was like...like... from a magazine photo, you know?"

"Of course, I know."

"Shut up. I had the perfect view from the laundry room. His skin was glowing in the sunlight, he has these small dust of body hair here and there, they glinted like gold. He had his eyes closed, not a care in the world, some weird song of his was playing, he was tapping his foot. I was just admiring at first, then I started thinking how nice it would be if I was there with him, between his wide spread legs, then one thought led to another and another and I did it, like a creepy psycho... In my own fucking laundry room. I jerked off, Harry."

"I got that."

"It felt good, so fucking good, it was the best fucking climax I had in months. But now, I don't know how I'll face him. I dumped a can of air freshener in the laundry room, but I'm worried he would know. Shit, I never thought I would get this low."

Harry sighed. "You know what you must do."

"Get laid."

"Asshole. Not that."

"Then?"

"Ask him to move out."

I froze. "Harry... I can't."

"Is he still feeling down, like before?"

"No, it was environmental. He sprung back pretty quickly."

"Sleeping troubles?"

A fond smile made its way to my face. "He has a serious trouble of waking up in the morning, like you. Other than that he clocks in good hours. Much better than last month. He started badminton again. I think it helped."

"To summarize, he doesn't need you. Now he has money from his scholarship to live on his own. Just ask him to move out."

"I can't."

"Why the fuck?"

"We're more than friends. Didn't I tell you how he surprised me with-"

"Yeah, yeah. You did. Four times. It doesn't matter Jakey. What do you think is gonna happen? Are you gonna date him? Did you ask him if he's into men?" Harry knew what exactly to ask. He should have been a cop.