3

Samantha sighed as she rubbed her eyes, trying to wipe away the sleepiness.

She's so tired and stressed out right now. She just wish that sleep could just knock her off.

Yeah, that would probably make her more happy.

"Hey....Uhh Samantha?"

She looked up and saw Xendrix, looking at her in discomfort.

Samantha raised a brow at how he was acting.

He looked uncomfortable and unsure. Xendrix is always oozing out with confidence and well... Arrogance and he's being nervous now?

She's also having a hard time believing that he's starting to call her Samantha instead of brat. Daniel as well.

That's a large accomplishment for Samantha. If she wasn't feeling so heavy and depressed right now, she would've teased him until he becomes a tomato.

"Yeah?" Samantha asked him casually.

"We need to talk...." Daniel sighed as he walked in.

Samantha raised a questioning brow and leaned back on the couch. She crossed her arms and looked away.

"Where's Aunt Josephine?"

"Out." Xendrix answered. "Out to buy groceries."

"Then we don't need to talk at all." Samantha huffed, hugging herself closer to the point of hurting herself.
"I know that you two are just acting nice because Aunt Josephine's here but when she's not here then you two act like you know everything about what I felt. Sure, thank you for siding with me in those last moments but I know that it's because of pity. Boo-hoo me, right? I'm the pitiful one here. I'm that asshole who trusted the wrong people so yeah, cry a river for me. I don't care."

Daniel's eyes watered as he stared at her while Xendrix looked broken.

They look like they cared but who knows?

Her brothers looked like they cared but it was just their mask to cover up the lies.

Samantha grumbled, ignoring the pain in her chest. The feeling of loneliness and sadness that's just continuing to build up like blocks everyday.

"Samantha... We're sorry." Daniel said. "I'm sorry."

"For what exactly?" Samantha snapped, glaring at him with simple much pain her eyes.

"For everything." Daniel explained sadly. "For everything that we've done to you."

Samantha scoffed. "That's what they all say... "

She's been through so much that she couldn't accept somebody's help so easily. It's like someone's telling her to don't reach out for them. It's her curse. They'll leave her eventually.

They all do.

"I know that you don't not trust us..." Xendrix said softly. "We've said and done so many things that makes us regret it now. I won't understand how you feel. I'll never understand it, not in a million years and definitely not now, but let us in and we'll help you in the best way that we could do... "

Samantha lets out a shaky sigh and looked at them. Her eyes were filled with tears but there was no warmth in it.

There's nothing but coldness.

Her brothers took it away like a blowing a small fire from a candle.

"I don't know how to trust you... " Samantha whispered. "I'm so sorry... "