17

When Sam woke up, she knew that something was wrong.

She immediately sat up, ignoring Xendrix's snores as she went out of bed and down the stairs. Sam could see her brothers cooking breakfast. She doesn't know why they were bothering to make their relationship good again. Seeing them makes her heart ache. Can't they see that?

Mustering up some courage, she finally graced them with her presence and their expressions lit up like kids receiving their Christmas presents.

"Sam!" Lucas said breathlessly his smile was too bright that it made Sam feel guilty.

And for what?

For something that they've done?

Sam had to look away, her heart ached with loneliness and sadness.

"Just stop trying. " She said, trying to keep her tone from quivering.

"What...?" The tone that Tyler used was filled with nothing but complete sadness.

She closed her eyes, not wanting to see their upset looks. She thought that she was strong enough to face them or to talk to them. She thought that she could handle her own emotions.

She was so wrong to think that she could handle her stupid emotions.

"I don't want this." Sam repeated, shaking her head. "I don't need this."

"But we're family!" Kyle argued helplessly. "We'll fix this, okay?"

"Kyle, we were once a family." Sam said, feeling tired. She ran her hand through her tangled hair and just sighed. "Now, I don't know who you guys are. You don't know me anymore. We're strangers. That's that."

"How?" Lucas desperately asked, his eyes filled with nothing but tears. "How's this different? We can still change, Sam. We still can. Give us a chance to prove it!"

She clenched her jaw, not wanting to give them the satisfaction of letting them see that she still yearns for them after everything because hell... No matter what everyone do for her, nobody can change the fact that she's fucking related to them. Nobody can definitely change the times where she thought that there was a single moment where they think of her as a sister and not a bloody somebody.

Nobody could ever change those memories.

She looked back at them with a smirk but her eyes were filled with nothing but hatred and sadness.

"We told you guys that you could stay here for tonight but we didn't tell you that you could make breakfast and use the kitchen whenever you would like."

Lucas gulped, knowing too well that behind her facade is a girl shaking in fear because she's too scared of facing them.

And that's their fault.

"We wanted to make you something." Kyle said reluctantly. "We thought that we could have breakfast together... "

"I'm just not hungry."  Sam stressed. "Besides, there won't be another family dinner between us. You don't need to bother yourselves with making meals."

Their expressions were filled with nothing but shock as they stared at her like. She was a ghost.

She felt satisfied but that feeling didn't last very long.

"The breakfast—" Lucas started but Sam was having none of that.

She can't just let them break her walls after making it more stronger. She can't let them worm their way into her heart and then letting them break it again.