16

Sam was massaging her temples as she heave a heavy and tired sigh.

She was so not ready for this.

"So, you four just came here without... What? Any plan at all?" She demanded, feeling an upcoming headache. What's with this family?

"I just wanted-"

"To say sorry. I know the line. I've heard it a hundred of times and I definitely don't want to hear another line like that again, do I make myself clear?" She stated coldly, glaring at each and every one of them as they shrink back in their seats.

Xendrix was also glaring at them, his shoulders were tense as he stood up protectively behind Sam. Daniel just looks upset beside his brother.

"But Sam-"

"You don't get to call me Sam, Kyle." She said calmly, her nerves were just itching with anger as she spoke. "You know why?"

She could practically see a question mark from above their heads when she asked that question.

"Because you four don't see me as Sam. You see me as her." She stated, clenching her fist.

Tyler caught Xendrix's glare and narrowed his eyes at him. "Why are you looking at us like that?"

"You guys just seriously ruined my day." He exclaimed with a huff, closing his eyes while pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration.

"In what way exactly?" Noah asked.

Xendrix snorted. "In every way possible, twinkle toes."

Noah glared at him.

"You're still snarky." Kyle commented with a heavy tone.

"But that's not a problem here, is it?" Daniel said. That was the first words that he have said ever since they came barging into their peaceful day.

"No." Sam said, shaking her head. "No, no, no. I don't want nor will I let you guys into my life again. Never. Never in a million light years. I know, you're guilty and you're sorry blah blah blah you want to mend things with me blah blah blah! I'm not having any of that. Nada!"

When did she become such a Xendrix?

"Sam, let them speak." Josephine said, holding a tray of hot chocolate for each and every one of them. "I know that you don't believe them but at least give them a chance."

Sam crossed her arms and Josephine sighed. "Don't give me that look, Samantha. I don't want you to have some unfinished problem for the rest of your life. Carrying something like that holds a heavy weight, sugar. I'm not saying that you should forgive them because I'm sure as hell wouldn't do that. Hell, I'm surprised that you still haven't punched the life out these poor men but baby, you can't hold on to that weight forever. All I'm saying is fix and mend. That's all. I don't want you to carry regrets in the future."

"I know that you know that our auntie there's right." Xendrix exclaimed with an amused tone.

"I know that you two know that I'm always right." Josephine scoffed, placing the tray on the coffee table.

Sam hummed. "I know that you and everyone in this room know that you're one hundred percent right, Aunt Josephine. And Dan, I know that you're looking at me with an awaiting expression but stop, right now."

Daniel looked away and scoffed. "Don't assume things."

"I'm not assuming things." Sam said with a huff. "I'm just stating facts."

"Okay!" Kyle shouted, earning the attention from the bickering idiots. "Not only am I confused, I'm seriously feeling like you're someone else."

Sam just stared at him. Her gaze was cold that it sent shivers down his spine as she stared at him.

She was different. But she's been with the most confident, scariest people known in her life. They've taught her so many things in so little time and she was just practically bursting with it. Vibrating with it.

But that's obviously just a mask to hide her vulnerability.

Of course she's scared to face them right here and right now but she's got to do it sooner or later and that's why she's facing them right now because f*ck, she still believes.

She still hopes.

And she still tries to find a way out of this hellhole.

She still fucking pretend that she's fine even though she's feeling crappy every hour of every minute. It still hurts and it still burns but the sooner the better, right? What's the use of hiding if you're feeling heavy and tense.

"Maybe you're just not looking at the real me then." Those words speak volumes. It meant a lot and it has a different meaning and it just hurts them so much.

"Sam, we're sorry... " Lucas started. "We were stupid. I-I can't lose you, Sam. Not now. Please. And I'm not using you for the grief of losing Lydia. It's true that we-"

"Gotta stop you there, Lucas." Xendrix said, sighing as he look at him. "You can't just say that you can't lose Sam now, it sounds like you're desperate to have her forgive you and-"

"I don't like it." Sam finished and Xendrix nodded.

"Yeah, she doesn't like it." Xendrix repeated and Daniel just facepalmed, shaking his head.

"Point is that you can't just say you're sorry after everything that has happened." Daniel sighed.

"Yeah, you boys don't know how fragile a girl's heart really is." Josephine said and Sam pouted.

"M' not fragile."

"Whatever you say, baby." Josephine cooed and Sam huffed.

Lucas and the others just stared at her. She was so different. So different from before and it hurts.

Change is inevitable but it hurts them to see her change into someone they barely know now.

To see someone change in a small amount of time hurts like hell.

"Look..." Sam said, her voice was soft. The same tone that she uses when she talks to them before. The same tone she uses when she comforts them. The same tone of voice that they have come to know. "I know that you all came here to apologize and I'm not being oblivious about that. I understand how you feel and how you guys felt with Lydia and I'm not going to force you to change your feelings for her. I don't have the rights to do that. I'll never have the rights to talk you guys to just forget about Lydia because you loved her like a sister, you created a bond with her. An unshakable bond and I don't want to ruin that. All I want is for us to... Come into some kind of terms where we're going to start fresh but that day is not today, okay? Not now when I'm still trying to piece myself together. Not now when I'm still trying to stand up on my own. Guys, saying sorry just doesn't cut it. I don't believe in your words after everything that's been happening."

Lucas and the others nodded slowly, trying to catch up on her words.

Sam pushed her hands on her pockets and shrugged. "That being said, I'm not going easy on you guys. Also, dong think that this is a chance."

"It's a chance." Daniel piped in. "What she meant to say is that she won't be forgiving your asses so easily."

"And if you do something that Sam's against with then I will seriously slit your throats." Xendrix warned.

"I'll cut your balls too." Josephine smiled sweetly. "I'll cut your balls into pieces, rip your stomachs out while enjoying you guys bleeding to death and bring out your intestines. I'll fry it perfectly well that people wouldn't even know that it's human parts and I'll feed it to the sharks. Do I make myself clear?"

The four paled and nodded in fear.

What a sadistic woman!

"Well, drink up your chocolate drinks." Daniel said with a smile as Sam leaned over to Xendrix with a heavy sigh.

Okay, let's do this.