7

Samantha was sitting at the sand with the waves clashing near her. It was windy and cold but Samantha didn't mind that.

She likes the fresh air.

She closed her eyes enjoying the solitude and peace as she hears nature making some kind music. This is something that takes her mind away from the pain. Away from everything and everyone.

It's just so peaceful that she thinks that she's not worth to experience it.

She hugged her thick blanket closer to her and smiled at the memory of her aunt forcing her to have some kind of thick blanket before she goes out to have her time alone.

She knows that they're all worried about her. She can see how they look at her, they look at her like she's something that will break in any second. And maybe that's true. Samantha knows that they want her to open up to them but she can't. She just couldn't. Not yet. She doesn't know when she'll open up.

Or how even.

The sound of the seagulls squawking were surprisingly comforting for her.

Suddenly, someone's footsteps snapped her out of her peace and she sighed.

"Dan, if you're here to tell me that I need more blankets again, I swear to—"

"Oh don't be so dramatic, Little Stones."

That voice.

Samantha's head turned around so fast  she thought that her neck will break.

Her eyes widened, her eyes glassy. Nostalgia hits her like a truck as she stared at the boy in front of her.

There stood Gabriel.

"Gab... " The familiar face suddenly made her want to cry. His voice was smooth and soothingly nostalgic. The most calming thing she's ever heard since coming here.

He smiled softly and raised up a thick, warm looking blanket. "Still don't want it? It's warm."

Samantha stared at him for a moment and she looked back at the ocean while shaking her head.

Gabriel slowly made his way towards her and sat down in front of her. Samantha narrowed her eyes at him but he laughed and wrapped the blanket around him.

"Aren't you cold?" He asked, shivering and Samantha shook her head.

"No. Not really."

"What do you feel?" Gabriel asked worriedly and Samantha shrugged halfheartedly.

"I don't know... "

She doesn't feel anything but numbness.

Gabriel leaned towards her and he kissed her forehead lovingly making Samantha's eyes widened in surprise.

He gave her a lopsided smile.

"How 'bout now?"

Samantha's heart was pounding and she felt warmth flooding towards her cheeks and she nodded hesitantly.

Gabriel chuckled and smiled at her. "Me too."

Samantha's eyes started to water as she stared at him. He's been the only one to stay by her side when everything was going downwards. Leo and Hayley had been there for her when she needed them and they didn't complain.

"Why're you here?" Samantha asked weakly. She didn't mean that as an offending question, she really is confused as to why he's here with her right now. Gabriel scooted closer to her.
"Isn't it obvious, little Stones?" He teased.