𝘉𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘯𝘰𝘸 || 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 ||(𝘒𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝)

I gently blow the eraser shavings off my paper.

       As I refocus on my drawing, I see a dark shadow fall over the white pages. A pair of strong arms wrap around me from behind and Xaviers familiar scent soon surrounds me.

     "Whatcha' drawing?" He asks curiously, his face close to mine as he squints at my scribbles. I shrug him away, hunching my shoulders to cover my artwork. "It's not that impressive" I mumble quietly, an embarrassed blush spreading across my cheeks.

     He kisses my cheek gently as he leans back. "I don't care, I still want to see." His arms are still around me, and as I look down my eyes widen. I whip around to shoot him a glare. "Xavier, where's your shirt? It's like 15 degrees out here!"

      His forehead is covered with sweat despite the cold. I look back to see his shirt and coat piled up at the base of a tree, the ax resting neatly on top. How did I not notice him taking it off?

     "You seemed pretty focused on drawing." He says, as if he's heard my thoughts. He shrugs, leaning back into the snow with his arms folded behind his head. "So I chopped the wood. Then I got all sweaty." I glance at him, dumbfounded. I was shivering in my usual 3 layers of wool sweaters and a coat, but laying there shirtless in the snow Xavier looks completely unbothered.

        I gaze at him as he lays there. His raven colored hair is so stark against the white snow. I watch as the snow continues to fall softly, landing in his lashes. My eyes wander down to his exposed chest. His body is toned but still so soft looking. His skin isn't even trembling....

     I find my hand moving back up to my cheek. His kiss left an invisible trail of fire on my skin, and I still don't know how to process it.

   I close my notebook gently and set it on the snow. Scooting closer, I lay down beside him, looking up at the sky.

     I can feel him looking at me, but still I'm too flustered to meet his blue, no, very blue gaze. His hand brushes past my stomach and he gently turns me to face him. At first I smile gently but after a moment I shriek.

     He smiles evilly, his tone sultry. "I'm sorry, are my hands cold?" His icy hands have somehow snuck their way into my shirt, causing my skin to recoil. "XAVIER." I raise my voice, struggling to escape his grip.
"You're burning hot." He sighs blissfully, clearly in no rush to move.

"Well maybe if you put a shirt on you'd feel a lot warmer." I say pointedly. He pulls me closer, the snow crunching beneath me as my shoulders slide across it.

He laughs, the sudden burst of air grazing against my cheek as I'm lost in his dazzling gaze. I reach my hand up to touch his cheek. It looks so red, already I can tell he's starting to feel the cold.

I look down at my wrist. He's caught my hand an inch away from his face, and he's staring at me intently. I can immediately feel myself bristling. "What? So you can put your cold hands under my shirt but I can't touch your cheek?"

He massages my fingers, glancing at my hand absentmindedly. Then, as his eyes flick back up to mine he pulls off my glove with his teeth, beginning to kiss the tips of my fingers softly. I inhale slightly, not expecting his lips to be so warm.

He brings his lips down to the palm of my hand, kissing the inside of it in a way that would make a priest blush.

I watch silently, not really knowing what to say or do. But luckily, I don't have time to say anything. His lips meet mine tentatively, as if testing my reaction. I kiss him back gently and reassuringly as his cold fingers press into the back of my neck.