𝘉𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘴. (𝘒𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝)

Kace could hear the Roar of Xaviers engine starting up, somewhere in the distance. But that didn't matter. He knew he would catch up in no time, he knew where to go. 

      He pumped his legs hard and fast, a sheen layer of sweat creeping up the back of his neck, making the hair at the base of his neck feel damp and uncomfortable. It was dark, he could hardly see two feet in front of him which was terrifying at the speeds he was going at. 

      But there was only one think on his mind. One driving force behind all his thoughts, feelings and actions. If Kace had not been filled with so much adrenaline he was certain his legs would've felt stiff and heavy by now. 

In the hazy grey blue light of what was left of the day, he could see the trees moving past him. Whipping and twisting like they were dancing in their own silent celebration. He turned his head slightly to watch his shadow pedaling against the hard gray stone of the road, the yellow lines blinking like lights. 

He knew that whatever he found in that letter was bound to change his life. He could only hope it was for the better. His lips found a small smile, and then a tear streaked frown. This would be the last thing his mom would ever say to him.

And she never even knew it. 

*** 

Kace sat on the porch, staring out into the dark forest around his trailer home. He stared at everything and saw nothing.

His eyes didn't blink but once as Xaviers car slowly rolled up the gravel driveway, the small rocks making a crunchy popping sound under his tires. He sat with his hands folded together as Xavier  gingerly creaked his way up the old wooden stairs. The rotten wood beside him sunk with a groan as the tall man sat beside Kace, saying nothing.

They looked at his modern-looking silver car together,. Sitting in the makeshift driveway it looked so misplaced. They watched as the low beams slowly faded out, and sat silently together until the engine of the car stopped hissing. 

"You got here 5 minutes before me" Xavier started, glancing over at Kace.e 

Kace only nodded. 

Xavier paused, looking down into his hands to smile before turning to look back at him. "I was driving my car. You were on a bike."

Kace nodded again, never taking his blank gaze off of the car in the driveway. 

Xaviers smile faded, and he turned to look up at the sky. 

"Whatevers in that Bandana must be pretty important huh? It's a good thing we didn't...." he bit his lip. He didn't know what to say. 

Kace finally looked at him. "You can say it. You can say that it's good that we didn't break up."

      Kace glanced at him, sensing his unease, and continued quickly. 

"Just imagine how shitty it would've been if I had left my dead mothers last letter to me in the house of a man who cheated. I know that's not what happened." He said quickly, before Xavier could interrupt with his gaping mouth. "I'm just saying it would have sucked, that's all."

They fell silent. 

"Does this mean...you're my boyfriend or something?" Xavier asked awkwardly. Kace winced at the earnesty in his tone. 

"Did you hear what I just said. This is my dead moms letter." he said, looking Xavier in the eyes. 

He could see the sudden redness spring up underneath his cheeks. "Right, right I'm so sorry thats not....okay right, so......" He handed the bandana to Kace.

Kace extended his hand, and closed his eyes as the cool fabric sunk into his palm. He could feel the skeleton of the envelope underneath and he had to pause to swallow a lump in his throat. 

He opened his eyes. 

"Right. So let's get on with this then, shall we?"

***

________________________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

       No, this is not the end. I said I would finish this story and I intend to. Thank you all for being so patient with me, and thank you to the person who left the  sweet TikTok comment telling me they missed the story (along with all of your dms encouraging me to finish it <3)  

If you're still here, thank you<3 You will all get the ending you deserve. Next update will be next Tuesday

How are you all doing? Whats new? Use this as a thread to talk about....YOU! (and your mental health!) 

I love you!

-Author Lady

:Socials:

Instagram: (for story art❤️)  Lijah_Fang

TikTok: lijahfang

Youtube: Elijah Fang (Music/Song Covers)