~Chapter 2~

You know that feeling when you walk into class late and everyone stares at you or you're doing a presentation and you forget what you were going to say so you freeze and a room full of people who give you pity looks or they chuckle under their breaths?

Yeah, it's not a great feeling at all.

And as I walk through the front doors of my high school, I can't help but feel like everyone is looking at me. Judging me. In reality, only a few students acknowledge my entrance but don't pay any mind to it and go back to doing whatever it is they had going on. But my anxiety stricken mind can't help but think I'm being watched from every corner of the main hall.

I advert my eyes to the floor and head towards my locker. As I walk through the crowds I can pick up bits and pieces of their conversations. They talk about upcoming parties, football game scores, complaints about homework, and even stories of makeout sessions gone wrong or very very right.

I look up for a second to see that I'm near the dance room, which is around the corner from my locker. A group of boys walk out of the classroom I'm passing by and they laugh over something the one with a baseball jacket said. The guy on the left of him starts talking but the third boy, nearest to me as pick up my pace, looks at me and winks. Not knowing what else to do, I offer him a small smile and look away.

Feeling my face heat up from blushing, I turn my head around to take one last peek at the boy and widen my eyes when i see he's looking at me too. Taking in his soft dark hair, nearly black eyes, and defined cheekbones, I can't help but feel like there's something a bit off about him. Like behind that attractive exterior, there's a pool of danger lurking on the inside. I'm usually never quick to judge people, and he seems like a nice guy, so I shake those thoughts off and wave at him shyly. It isn't until I'm about to turn the corner, that I see him genuinely smile back.

Now completely out of each others sight, I let out a breath to calm myself down. Oh my heavens, a cute guy just acknowledged me... I wonder if I'll see him again. We could be friends, hopefully.

Spotting my locker a few feet ahead, I keep my head up and let the commotion of students fill my ears. Reaching the small door of my assigned compartment, I get on my tiptoes to see the dial better.But before I can input my locker code, a hard chest bumps into me and I fall to the ground from the impact.

"Watch it, tiny" a male voice says. I look up and realize the reason for me falling on my butt, is none other than Kole Pullman. The football teams star player and the guy every girl wished they were dating. Except for me because I actively tried to avoid him at all costs. He looked too intimidating to try and befriend.

"S-sorry" I shrink back under his intense gaze, trying to avoid being yelled at or ridiculed by a Ken doll in human form.

Kole laughs and bends down to my level so he can meet my eyes but they don't look up from the floor. When he grabs my chin to make me look at him, I'm forced to stare into his grey irises. Don't get me wrong, even though Kole is an attractive guy with his dirty blonde hair and muscled 6 foot body, he's scary up close. Especially because I'm small.

"I normally don't give a shit about who I run into, but you pretty little thing... you are something else." My brow furrows, confused, and I open my mouth to speak but he beats me to it.

"What's your name, tiny?"

I swallow the lump in my throat, "S-sophia."

He smirks. "Well Sophia, would you like me to help you up?"

I'm too nervous to speak again so I just nod. Kole laughs but helps me stand back up and holds onto my shoulders, not breaking eye contact. It's then that I notice some bystanders are looking our way. I start try to move out of Kole's grasp but he has a strong enough grip that I can't move away. I hate attention.