~Chapter 38~

*please take a look at the picture above and vote for which girl you like best! i can't tell you what it's for yet though, cause it's a surprise hehe ;) okay back to the chapter*

The end of the school day came a lot quicker than I expected since taking that nap during lunch made me feel refreshed and in a better mood. It's also because my cramps weren't being as painful anymore.

Walking out of the main entrance, I take my time heading towards the tree I always wait by for Jesse to pick me up. Looking up at the bare wooden branches and dark grey cloud covered sky, I breathe in the crisp winter air. This season has always been my favorite. The colorful lights, snow, hot cocoa, and spreading cheer are what I love the most about it.

Which reminds me...

Christmas is coming up in a week and a half, yet i still haven't found anyone a gift. In fact, my brother and I didn't even bring out the decorations this year. Well I guess it doesn't matter because any festive decor we put up will be taken down soon after since we're moving. I'll just need to put those on my list of things to do over the weekend.

I see Jesse's car pull into the student drop off area a moment later and he unlocks the doors when I'm close. Tossing my heavy bag in first, I climb in after and fasten the seatbelt as he asks how my day went.

"Tiring" I respond then quickly add, "but good."

"And how about your uterus?" He laughs softly, driving away from the school.

I groan, covering my face with my hands. "Jesse! Don't do that please." Everytime I'm on my period he makes it a habit to check on me, which I know he does to see how I'm feeling or if i need something, but it's still a little embarrassing.

"Don't do what? Ask about your uterus? Sweetheart, I'm the one who taught you about menstruation remember? It's not gross or something to be ashamed of, it's life and it's science."

"...still" is all i can come back with.

Not wanting to embarrass me any further, he decides to change the subject. "So the landlord for the apartment said we can move in as soon as next week since the last residents left early. If we get everything packed fast, we can be in there before Christmas break starts."

"Jay, that's in six days" my heart sinks a little as I turn to look at his calm face.

"Yeah I know. It's great huh? We can finally start over." He said that with so much relief, it made me wonder if he'll miss the house even a little bit. I mean... he did live there longer than I did so certainly there must be some part of him that's sad.

Spending the rest of the drive playing with my fingers in my lap while thinking, I don't realize we're parked in our driveway until Jesse grabs my hand to get me to stop. "Okay, something's up. What is it hmm?"

"I just... I remembered that I forgot to ask you if I could hang out with Isaiah later today." That wasn't a complete lie. I really did forget to mention it to him earlier.

Sitting back in the driver's seat, he thinks about my comment whilst biting the inside of his cheek. "Just the two of you?"

When I nod, Jesse leans near to access the compartment in front of me and takes a small object out. I try to see what it is but my view of the thing isn't obscured for long as he holds it out for me to grab. Meeting his gaze with questioning ones, he goes on to say...

"Yes you can go, but take the pepper spray."

Donovan's pov: (two hours later)