~Mini Bonus Chapter~

Thank you for 5k votes!

You readers are so incredible and I'm very grateful for how far we've come from the beginning of this book. I wanted to give you all something special as a token of my appreciation. So I figured, how about I give them another mini chapter?

We never got to see how Nathan and Lilly's date went ;) So this is picking up from after he went to Sophie's house for help. Enjoy!

Remember that this is what he's wearing, in case you forgot!

Nathan's pov:

Standing outside Lilly's front door, I feel my hands begin to shake and get sweaty. I've been stalling for a good five minutes now, too nervous to ring the little gold doorbell in front of me.

I had messaged her a bit ago that I was on my way and she told me to just honk once I was parked by the sidewalk, so that way I didn't have to burden myself with seeing her parents. For a moment, I wanted to go along with it but as Sophie suggested, I needed to make a good impression.

So here I am.

The dark green crewneck I picked out earlier is getting warm and I'm beginning to regret wearing these clothes. What if Sophie was lying about it looking nice? Oh god, Lilly might think I look stupid the second she opens this door.

Maybe I should just cancel our date. She'd understand, right? No, no that'd be a shitty thing to do. Especially since I'm the one who asked her out and not the other way around. Although now that I think about it, bailing on someone in general is a dick move. See? There I go stalling again...

C'mon Nate, stop being such a wuss and get on with it already!

Taking a deep breath and not allowing myself much time to back out, I press the small button quickly. Thanks to my shaky hand, I accidentally rang it twice. Great, now they're going to think I'm eager.

"Okay okay, you got this. You're gonna be fine. Just state your name, business, and smile. Oh and shake the dads hand, yeah." I talk to myself as I dreadfully wait for the door to open.

There's a few noises coming from inside, including a dog barking, so I stand up straight and pretend I'm not about to shit my pants. A second later, I'm face to face with a very kind looking older woman who I assume is Lilly's mother. My heart stops for a moment as she smiles at me warmly.

She reminds me of my mom. Before she passed away, of course. They have the same smile.

Clearing my throat, I wipe my sweaty hand on my pants before holding it up for her to shake. "Hello ma'am, I'm Nathan Lee. Your daughter and I were planning on going out on a date tonight?"